Chapter 5

For My Family
A Hunter's Hunt

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2D4A4x2

~ BTYB Beacon Food Fights ~

Hearing his question, Fox didn't hesitate to bring up his gauntlets in front of him, ready to be used. But Velvet hesitated. She just looked at him while her body shook uncontrollably as she looked at the man in front of her.

With an unchanging expression, (Y/N) put his hand on the handle of his blade, ready to be drawn. Looking around, he gazed over the passengers seated within the train, only for one of them to sneak by and pull a lever, activating the lockdown mode.

Fox: Velvet! Protect the passengers!

Rushing past the Faunus girl, Fox swung his right fist, trying to slash at (Y/N) with his weapon. Then, in the blink of an eye, (Y/N) drew his blade out of its sheath and deflected the blade that Fox wore on his arm. Stepping back, the dark-skinned Hunter kept his left gauntlet up while he tried to slip a Dust catalyst into his right gauntlet.

Gritting his teeth, Fox waited for (Y/N) to take the next strike. Yet he just stood there, his sword gripped while his arm just hung at his side, barely ready to be swung to strike.

Fox: If you won't attack, I will!

Charging forward once again, he reeled his right fist back and punched (Y/N) in the chest, the blade still at his side. Pulling the trigger on his weapon, (Y/N) was blasted back all the way to the door but had barely put a dent in it with it sealed shut while a metal plate blocked any chance of exiting or entering the cabin.

Peeling himself off the reinforced door, (Y/N) dropped his blade and left it on the ground.

(Y/N): Watch that for me.

Reaching into his coat, (Y/N) took at a thin black knife, nearly flat if not for the indent on the side that the emblem had created. Throwing it past Fox, the knife flew through the cabin and pierced the shell on the other door, losing much of the force it had been thrown with.

But before anyone knew what had happened, (Y/N) had disappeared, leaving his sword in the previous cabin. Focusing on the goal ahead of him, he grabbed his knife pierced through the next door before teleporting into it.

Looking around the cabin, he had not spotted anyone that seemed out of place in Anima. Moving forward he kept piercing through cabin doors and teleporting to the next cabin, only stopping when he had reached the closest cabin to the conductor.

(Y/N): You're not good at hiding in plain sight, Beacon Students.

Before anyone could have reacted, (Y/N) was standing in front of Coco and Yatsuhashi with knives at both of their throats.

Yatsuhashi: How did you get pass Fox and Velvet?

(Y/N): I teleported.

Keeping the knives where each of them was, (Y/N) looked at Yatsuhashi as the man slowly reached for his blade, only for the masked fighter to press the knife to his throat, touching skin but not drawing blood.

(Y/N): I'm going to take that hard drive now.

All (Y/N) had to do to take the hard drive was to take the case in Coco's grasp. But while he did, he slipped a knife into Coco's hand before he teleported and disappeared from sight.

Reappearing in front of Fox, (Y/N) picked up his blade and sheathed it. Giving one last look to the two students in the cabin, (Y/N) disappeared once more and for the final time.

Fox: Velvet, don't tell the others about this.

In response, the girl barely nodded before she pulled out her scroll to check the latest message she had received.

Velvet: Um... Fox?

Fox: Yeah? What is it?

Velvet: We lost the case.

Fox: Of course we did. Why wouldn't we?

~ BTYB Angry Team CVFY ~

A/N: So, I know this chapter is short but so is the next one, just bear with it. In the meantime, some of the writing in future chapters may change so the chapters might be structured and written differently.