•||D7- Killing me||•

Reader's P.O.V

           Y/n was floating in darkness. It wasn't scary or joyful, just...calming. It soothed her aching muscles and calmed her mind. She was free, enjoying the nice comfort of the darkness like an invisible blanket of softness.

         Y/n curled up into a ball and shivered as her body suddenly began to feel heavy. So heavy, in fact, her body began to sink into the depths of the darkness, no longer comforted in the blanket of darkness she once layed in.

     It was as if a weight was being lifted off of her and she was floating to the surface. Of what, she didn't know.
       A bright light shined into her eyes and it was beautiful as well as painful on the curiosity of what this was.

    Y/n's hand reached out and her lips parted as she tried to reach it. Suddenly, she heard voices all around her and she cried out as pain enveloped inside of her chest, crawling up her spine behind her head.
       "We're losing her! Did she have her medicine this morning?"

     The voice sounded familiar to her but she couldn't put her finger on it.
     "Does she have her IV in?" "GET THE DOCTOR." "My baby, stay strong. You can do this, fight this!"

     Someone cleared their throat and Y/n turned to see Ben, floating in the darkness with her. His green tunic was bright in the darkness and Y/n looked at his ears where she saw the points of them poking out of his dirty blond hair that too, floated around in the darkness and made an almost halo shape around his head.
        He had a dark demeanor about him. His smirk was dark and chilling but Y/n didn't seem to mind. She was almost relieved to see him.
      "What's happening?" Y/n asked. Ben tsked.
"What does it look like? You're dying. It's a shame. I wanted to kill you. The most painful way too. Boo." And he pouted but smiled right after.

       Y/n bit back her slight surprise. She had almost forgotten this thing had killed many people before her and it only wanted to do the same to her.
    She suddenly smiled, "End my existence as you please."
       Ben's eyes widened as his eyes locked onto her's. "What?" He said, hiding his surprise.

         She floated in the black void of emptiness with ease and breathed in deeply before giving Ben a challenging glance, "You heard me. Kill me if you want. It wouldn't change what's already going to happen anyways. You're just going to make me disappear faster."
        Something inside of Ben's chest stirred with surprise and something else he couldn't recognize. Finally, without even realizing he did this, ben grabbed her shoulders out of anger and bafflement and looked her in the eyes, "Fine," he said. "Have it your way."

       And suddenly it went so bright that Y/n had to squint her eyes until her vision cleared and she saw a familiar hospital ceiling with doctors all surrounding her, their worried glances making her gulp.
     Her mother was standing beside her bed too and Y/n could see in her mother's expression that she felt relieved and sad all in one.

     "W-what are you guys doing?" Y/n said, confused as she could see a heart monitor beside her bed beeping slowly, the lines going up and down like little sharp mountains. Her eyes widened, "W--" Her mother shushed her and one doctor put their gloved hand on Y/n's head, "Y/n, you made it. We thought we we're gonna lose you, take these pills." The unfamiliar doctor gave her two large white pills and a glass of water as they waved their arm in the air to the other doctors, "C'mon you guys. Give her some space." He faced her again, "Doctor Michele will be back in here in 5 minutes tops. Drink those pills." And all of the doctors filed out of the room.

      The same doctor that handed her the pills escorted the mother towards the entrance of the hospital door as she left reluctantly before giving Y/n one more last worried glance before the door shut silently behind them both.
     Y/n stared at the ground for a while, looking at the way the floor seemed to crack a little, making the tile look like it was smashed and repaired and then smashed and repaired again.
    Y/n tilted the cup to her lips and placed the pills in her mouth as she swallowed them with the water, cringing.
      After swallowing them, she made a disgusted noise as she shook her head and someone chuckled at the end of her bed.

    She nearly chocked on her water as she put the cup down and saw Ben. The first thing that came to her mind was stupid to say, "You didn't kill me."
    Ben tilted back his head and clicked his tongue, "Obviously. You're still here, right? And you still have one question left."
     Y/n sat up in her bed as she sank back down in her bed with tiredness. "I'm saving my last question for later."

     Ben flashed a quick smile, "If you're alive to even ask it."
    Y/n glared at him as she turned on her side, "Why are you still here? Don't you have other people to torture or something?"
     Ben positioned his body in a dramatic pose, "But I only want to torture you," he said in a fake girly voice, as if to mock hers but failing miserably.

      Y/n stopped glaring and looked at him thoughtfully, a spark of interest dancing in her dull eyes. She had never seen this side of him. Not that it mattered, of course. She sighed and closed her eyes, "Thanks." She said, snuggling into a ball.
       Ben crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow cautiously, "For what?"
     "For keeping me company. At least you don't care for my health and can actually talk about other things then making sure that I take my medicine."

   Ben walked over to her bed, looking at the glass of water on the tray beside her bed, "I am curious, what is that medicine that you take in the morning every day for?"
    Y/n's eyes popped open and she pushed the blanket away from her face, "It's supposed to slow down my cancer and give me energy for each day, but as the days go on, my body gets worse and sometimes the medicine doesn't even help."
    Ben was about to say something until the door to the room opened and not to Y/n's surprise, he was gone.

Doctor Michele walked in with a clipboard and had a worried expression to his face.

Y/n wondered who wouldn't have a worried expression when seeing her.
Then she rolled her eyes to herself.

Ben.

Clearly something was wrong, "Y/n, I am so sorry that this incident happened this morning. That purple liquid I gave you was called feomilined and it....it..-- accidentally made your cancer go much faster and I may be fired from this mistake, I didn't mean to--"
     "So it just made the process faster?"
    Doctor Michele sighed and sat down, pulling a chair beside her bed to sit down, "Yes--I--I'm so sorry. The doctors are fixing it though and you'll be back to normal in no time. I'm sure of it."

    Y/n layed back down, forcing a smile on her lips even though she wanted to throw her arms up and bawl her eyes out, "Alright." She said and the doctor smiled, patting her head. "Get some rest, I'll check up on you in the morning." Doctor Michele stood up without  before turning back to look at Y/n, "If I'm not fired by then, of course." And without another word, he shut off the lights and walked out of the room.

I won't be normal. I'll just be known as the girl who died of cancer faster than she was supposed to.
      And just like it was a blink of an eye or a flick of a switch, Y/n was back into a deep sleep she almost wished she wouldn't wake up from.

---

A/n: Yo. A bunch of people are probably skipping this part but eh, next chapter wont really be anything much...I don't know. You'll have to find out. I know nothing else is going on other than the "love story" and your (her) cancer...I mean....what else could I add huh? Slenderman telling ben he shouldn't waste time on her and kill her---that actually sounds like a good Idea, FORGET THAT SENTENCE THEN.