Day 12- More than a feeling

A/n: So I've been thinking a lot about the ending and I've even come up with some drafts in my notes (not on wattpad) 3 different types of endings that would go down. I'm liking the 3rd way a little more than the others but I cant believe Y/n only has 3 more days to live!!! I'm so glad you guys would actually read this...please vote and follow me for more (if you want) and comment if you guys (later on) want me to do an epilogue!

((2020 THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED))

•••

Reader's P.O.V

Y/n stood up a little too quickly and felt lightheaded, her head buzzing but quickly slid across the hospital floor with her flimsy hospital socks, her white sheet lifting like a cape in the process. She got to her knees by the wall and stood back up, fighting against her exhaustion.
        Before Y/n could even go out into the open, her knees unexpectedly gave way from out under her and she came crumbling to the floor, her knees colliding with the cold tile ground, seeing the nurse stop talking as a horrid look crossed her eyes and she ran over to Y/n.

           But Y/n couldn't speak or see the nurse any longer, no longer fighting back her tiredness as a comforting grayness clouded her eyesight and her body fell limp and blackness swallowed her like a soft blanket in the night.

---

 "You idiot."

Y/n turned around and saw Ben leaning against an old tree, a particularly massive sad looking tree that had wickedly long branches that seemed to swoop over and kiss the ground which was grey looking grass, almost dead grass, Y/n realized, that she was standing on.
        Ben had his arms crossed over each other, his eyelids closed with his eyebrows arched in a irritated look, "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

          Y/n recoiled at his words. "What do you mean?" She said, suddenly feeling cold.
            Ben opened his eyes at that; his red irises bored into Y/n's eyes.

       "With the condition you're in and you leaving your hospital room-- without even taking your daily pills."
       Y/n's eyes widened, "How do you--"
Ben held out his closed fist, turning it and opening his palm up, exposing two white pills that almost blended in with his own pale skin. "You left it right out in the open when I returned back to your room. You should learn to hide these better if you don't want to cause suspicion."

          Y/n looked away, holding her body as she shivered, "It's just....I really wanted to go outside," she saw that Ben was about to gesture to the place they were in before she hastily added, "in real life. Not in a dream, hallucination, coma, or anything other than what is real."

        Ben had his hands on either side of him, Y/n had noticed, each tightly closed as he stared at her with a demanding look. Was he still holding her pills? She wondered.

             "Does this not feel real to you?" He said, not really a shout and not really a whisper.
      Y/n saw that the soft wind of the outside place they were at had caressed Ben's hair as it flew in front of his face, blocking his eyes from Y/n for mere seconds.

But it was enough for Y/n to take a step towards him, "I mean of course, but not real in the sense that it actually happens. Because...in here I don't feel my sickness, I feel fine. Ordinary even, but not" Y/n looked down, her fist held closely to her chest.

"...me."

         With a blink of the eye, Ben was in front of Y/n, and she resisted the urge to suddenly shriek but she did jump a little.

           "How so?" He said, sounding curious and intrigued.

As if he really cared.

Y/n wanted to slap herself for opening up to him. Because, he would kill her when she least expected it and telling this killer that the only place she felt great and like a normal person again was here was not a good idea.
          Y/n swallowed, hard. And she backed up, hitting up against something hard, realizing it was the tree that Ben was leaning up against minutes ago.

      H-how..? Y/n thought. She looked up to see Ben have an arm stretched out, blocking the left side of her (his arm was up against the tree). "I don't know. I-I can't explain it. Maybe it's because this world isn't real that makes me feel fine and normal. But when I'm in the real world, in my body---my real body--"
          Y/n gasped.

Y/n saw that Ben was as shocked as she was so Y/n didn't think that the pain that went through her chest was caused by him. She felt a sharp hard pain hit her chest like someone smashing glass with a baseball bat, but against her chest, over and over and over again.
          She whimpered and fell on Ben as she grabbed the front of his shirt in pain.

           "Ben, ben help-p it hurts--ah!" It was like a hiccup, but not quite. Like someone was sucking the life energy out of her, but with a vacuum--
         Y/n almost laughed at how crazy her thoughts were sounding to her but the throbbing pain that echoed through her body and bones made her slouch up against Ben as he had concern and confusion fill his eyes.

Suddenly both Y/n and Ben were on the ground, well...mostly Y/n, who was laying halfway on the ground and halfway on Ben's thighs as he was in a crouched position close to the ground.
         She seemed to forget the pain, as she held in the urge to scream, just for a moment as she smiled and looked up at Ben with cloudy eeyesFor the slightest moment, nothing hurt.

And she was at peace.

Her hand traveled towards his face, her fingers playing with the ends of his hair, "How strange.." she said, barely above a whisper. "Why do you stare at me with that look in your eyes?"

          But Y/n couldn't hold in the pain as her body jerked forward and she mentally apologized to Ben's ears as her mouth opened wide.

And she screamed.

•••

A/n: Unedited. Sorry it's so short! But I got it! Well, got it on hereeeee. Whatever. XD The ending didn't go as planned and the original chapter that I was going to do I had to save that for the VERY end so yeah....okay bye..? XDDD (I suck at goodbyes as well as the goodbye that is going to be needed for this story). XP

Update: Okay...on here it says I didn't publish this day but I could have swore....nevermind, its here and that's what counts!

●|VOTE|FOLLOW|FAN|SHARE|●