Love is in the Air

Your POV

I was sitting on the bleachers on the Tourney field. Ben was hosting tryouts for Carlos, making him do sprints and such.

Suddenly Carlos started running. 'He's pretty fast' I thought to myself. When he reached Ben, however he didn't stop and kept on running for the woods. He was closely followed by Dude, the campus mutt. Ben and I shared a worried glance before running after Carlos and Dude. "Carlos!" You both shouted. "Carlos!"

When you reached Carlos, he was in a tree screaming, while Dude barked beneath him. Ben picked up Dude, while Carlos shouted "Be careful, that is a rabid pack dog that will eat you!!"

"Who told you that?" Ben asked him.

"My mother" Carlos on seeing Dude so calm in Ben's arms slowly cooked out of the tree. "He doesn't look like a rabid pack dog"

"This is Dude, the campus mutt" Ben then handed Carlos Dude "I guess you have it pretty rough on the island"

"You could say we don't get much belly rubs"

I shared a look with Ben. "Well I'll leave you two to get to know each other" Ben said pointing to Dude and Carlos. I turned to follow Ben, but Carlos spoke up, "Wait Y/n, could you stay please?"

I gave him a smile "Sure".

Carlos sat down with his back against the tree he had climbed down from, with Dude on his lap. I sat down opposite him cross-legged, petting Dude as I did so.

Carlos' POV

All the fear that I had felt just 5 minutes ago had completely dissipated. I was now just sitting here staring at Y/n, as she stroked Dude. The sunlight that manages to find its way through the trees' canopy shone down on her as if she was an angel. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid my eyes on.

I was too busy staring at her, that I didn't notice that I was also stroking Dude. I was pulled out of this, when I felt my head brush against her skin. I blushed, and she did to.

Instead of pulling away, I grabbed a hold of her hand and started rubbing circle patterns over her skin. She looked at me with those beautiful (e/c) eyes of hers. I hadn't realize that both her and I had started to lean towards each other, until our faces were inches apart.

My breath hitched. Was this it? Was this the moment when I would finally get to kiss her? Our lips were inches apart, when suddenly Dude started barking at a passing squirrel.

We sprung apart, both of us blushing furiously. "We should head back" I heard her say "Yeah we wouldn't want to miss dinner" I answered. We both stood up and started to walk back to the school.

We reached the doors to the canteen, we hadn't spoken since the forest. Y/n was about to enter the hall, when I stopped her. "Wait Y/n."

"Yes?" She turned to me, blushing slightly. God I loved it when she blushed, knowing that I was the cause of it. It somehow made her more attractive than she already was.

"I w. I was just wondering if you'd like to go out on a date with me? You don't have to, it's just I really like you, and you're really pretty and..." I was rambling and speaking a million miles an hour.

Y/n seemed to catch on however, as she put her finger to my lips. I gulped. "Carlos, I would love to go out on a date with you."

"R really?" I questioned her, trying my best to hide my excitement. "Yes" "Well then how about tomorrow after my first Tourney game?"

"It's a date" She have me a quick peck on the cheek before running off towards Ben, Audrey and Carlos, leaving me a blushing mess.

Time Skip

Carlos' POV

"Wait, so she said yes?! Just like that?!" Jay asked me, clearly flabbergasted. "Oh, I think it's romantic" Evie said, batting her eyelids. "Yeah, yeah it's all very interesting since this means Carlos may very well be sitting at the front on Coronation day, however we need to finish this love spell for Ben" Mam butted in impatiently.

The four of us were currently in the kitchen, making cookies for Mal's love spell on Ben. "Okay it's says we only need one tear, and I don't cry" Mal told us.

I was sitting on a kitchen counter and grabbed an onion from beside me. "Let's just chop up some onions?" I suggested. "No!" Mal said annoyed. "It says we need one tear of human sadness, and this love potion gives the best reviews so we have to follow it exactly"

"A tears a tear" Jay sounded impatient to get this over with.

"That's not true Jay" Evie said "They both have antibodies and enzymes but emotional tear has more protein based hormones than a reflex tear"

"Listen to you" Mal sounded impressed. "Yeah I knew that" Jay said. "Did not" I told him giving him a little shove.

Suddenly Lonnie came in looking for Mal. She wanted to tell her that all the girls wanted new hairstyles. However, after taking a dip of the mixture we freaked out for a second, but after she wasn't fazed by Jay's flirting with her, we all breathed out a sigh of relief. She thought it could use some chocolate chips. She went on talking about baking with her mom, presuming we had down this with our parents, she started to cry when we never replied to her when she said "Well I mean even villains must love their kids right?"

Mal jumped on the opportunity taking her tear and dropping it into the mixture before shoving her out of the room.

Mal then turned to us, "Okay boys, cookie sheets, Evie cookie dough"

Authors Note:
Thanks am for reading this chapter.
Once again, if you could vote that would be great.
Also feel free to comment, I'd love to see why you think.