Meet Mary Jane

Peters thoughts were very complex and over looked considering it was the only place where he truly could hear himself.Right now his thoughts were considering wether to actually go to Ms.Pye. "Just because I don't talk does not mean I am dumb." Peter thought. Going to counseling is basically going to a place where you can talk about your feelings. Peter in his own opinion has gone over his feeling enough for a lifetime. As for the talking part he's not even sure if he can even still talk.The closest he has gotten to talking is humming and even that is rare.

  So Peter has made the executive decision to not go to counseling. "But if I have made this decision." He told himself  "Why do I still have the sticky note?" Peter wasn't sure why he still had the obnoxiously bright orange sticky note and why it's not in the trash already.This was what he was mulling over at lunch in the stuffy cafeteria. Little did Peter know he was being watched.

  Ned has been looking at the kid for a while now to the point Harry was concerned people would notice. When Harry figured out Ned wasn't staring at Peter but was actually deep in thought was when Harry decided to finally answer Ned's question.
"Yo Ned?" Harry asked while leaning across the table to tap him on the shoulder.

Startled out of his thoughts Ned did an unmanly yelp causing Harry to chuckle.
"Wha-" Ned stopped. He cleared his throat of the voice crack and tried to speak again. "What's up?"

"I am going to tell you about the Parker kid."
Harry told.
"That's his name? Parker I mean."
"No,that's his last name. His full name is Peter Parker but it sounds so fake people think it's an alias for him."

Ned's heart dropped a bit.If kids don't even know what his real name is then he is definitely not going to be able to hear some cool backstory about Peters uprising from a pack of ocelots or something.

"Anyways they say"  Started Harry
"Who's they?" Ned asked in a hushed whisper.
"The majority of the school." Supplied Harry.
"Ah." Was the sound Ned made for understanding.

"So majority of the school says" Harry started again.

"Whatcha guys talki'n about?" A chirpy voice said interrupting Harry again. Ned looked up startled and frustrated,only to feel his cheeks to become as read as the girl...no woman's hair before him.

"Why hello~ M.J."Harry spoke with sarcastic suave.
"It's Mary Jane actually." The newcomer said directing it more at Ned than Harry.

Ned's head would look messy if you could personify it. Why?! Because a woman was looking at him! One who didn't give him that  disgusted or that "I see you but I don't"  look that most  females would! "And oh gosh." His thoughts roared. "She is sitting with her lunch tray here!"

"Hey,you okay?" Mary Jane asked.

"Ye yeh eh yeah!" He said. She just gave  a mild smile to the flustered Ned. She is probably really used to such reactions that Ned is giving her.

"Anyways you were about to tell a story Harry and for all I know it may be golden for the school paper!" Mary Jane said.

"Eh I was gonna inform the new kid Ned here about an olden tale." Harry said tilting his head in Peters direction.

For a second Mary Janes eyes comically widened. "Don't Listen to a thing Harry says about that boy! He always over exaggerates it for show. I myself though will tell you the true tail."

"Which is?" Ned asked eagerly.
"The kids been through tons of crap and has given up speaking." Mary Jane said with finesse.

"Oh." Was Ned's intelligent response.
"Awe man M.J I was gonna tell the fun version!" Harry complained.
"Your version is a load of bull and you know it!" She squawked back.

Ned directed his eyes away from the squabble and to Peter Parker sitting all alone. It's not fair that just because he doesn't speak he can't have friends. Does the kid even realize he has been turned into school lore? Ned sucked in a deep breath of hot cafeteria air to inflate his courage. Standing up with his tray he began the trek to Peter Parker's table. The place few go and never go to again.

The little fight between Mary Jane and Harry hushed as they saw Ned walking carefully to Parkers table.

"What's up with that kid?" Mary Jane asked Harry aloud.

"What's up with him is that he's got too nice of a heart." Harry said grinning at Mary Jane with a goofy grin.

"EW, it's so sweet and weird when you get all sappy go happy!" Mary Jane exclaimed yet again starting their debacle as they watched Ned's mission from afar.

AN:Do not fear,not the only Mary Jane here.