A Normal Life

*3 months later*
Emmet woke up as his loud alarm went off. He slammed it shut. Lucy was not on the bed. Emmet could smell some stuffed waffles coming from the kitchen. He smiled and immediatly got dressed into his construction outfit.
He entered the kitchen and smiled when he saw Lucy cooking some waffles, which was his favorite breakfast.
"Good morning Lucy.", he greeted with a wave. Lucy smiled.
"Good morning Emmet. You look good today.", she complemented. Emmet laughed.
"You always say that Lucy. You look good today.", he responded. Lucy wore a pink and blue bathroom robe and black pajama pants. Her pink and blue hair was grabbed in a ponytail like always. Emmet grabbed his coffee and looked at their wedding pictures in the living room. He remembered the day second by second. It was a day they wouldn't forget. Emmet never thought he would become a husband one day.
One time when Emmet was in highschool, he and his friends were looking up at the clouds. They all said their futures. One of the friends, Fred, wanted to be a doctor. He wanted to have a large mansion with a german shepherd dog named Rex and a beautiful wife. Another friend was Gale. She wanted to be an archaeologist. She wanted to have a small but cozy house, husband, and 2 kids. Emmet, on the other hand, just wanted to be a construction worker. His friends would always say that he was too innocent to ever get married and live a normal life one day. Emmet thought it was true.
It wasn't. Now he had a cozy house on a mountain, a construction worker, and a loving wife. Lucy topped the hot waffles with syrup and blueberries. She served Emmet and herself.
"Emmet, what are you looking at?", she teased. Emmet shook his head in confusion.
"What? Oh Lucy. Thanks for the waffles." Emmet began eating his waffle. Lucy giggled as he enjoyed his breakfast.
Emmet got his blueprints for the day and stepped out of the door.
"Goodbye Lucy. Love you.", he said. He smiled at the beautiful looking morning. Before he stepped out of the porch, Lucy ran and embraced him tightly.
"Have a great day today honey." Lucy kissed him on his cheeks and Emmet smiled. She ran back inside before her coffee burned and he walked down the steps.
It was a great day. Emmet walked in the cheerful streets. He saw his friends, Benny and Mayhem on a date. They waved at Emmet.
"What's up Emmet? How's Lucy?", Mayhem asked. Emmet put his thumb up.
"She's perfect!", he responded. Emmet kept walking as they shared a cupcake. He walked through many happy citizens. His co-workers were in a good mood too. They began on the new concert stage.
"This is going to be a great addition to the city!", yelled Emmet. He got his tools out and began working and chatting with his buddies.
It was a normal life. Emmet happily walked home and opened the door. Fireworks were thrown in the sky over the city. Their was a huge party today. Emmet didn't know why, bit there was. He found Lucy laying on the couch watching her favorite comedy show, "Honey, Where are my Pants?". It was Emmet's favorite show too.
"Ha! Lets watch it together!", Emmet said as he jumped on the couch next to Lucy. They hugged.
"How was work today?", asked Lucy.
"Great. You look relaxed.", Emmet stated. Lucy's eyes were tired and happy.
"I cleaned the kitchen, living room, and the bathroom. It was a lot of work.", Lucy said. She took a sip of soda.
"You hard worker.", Emmet teased.
"No, you are a hard worker. I work at home.", Lucy corrected. They watched as the man in the show finally found his pants.