The Announcement

Emmet got home from a very busy day from work. His hair was standing and he was tired. He took off his vest and went straight to the shower. The house was dark and silent.
"Lucy!", called Emmet. No answer. Lucy wasn't home. Emmet got no text from her. Maybe she went to another unexpected mall day with Unikitty. Emmet shrugged and turned on the water. He was calmed from the warm water and bubbly soap.
Emmet was finally dressed into his pajamas and ready to sleep. His hair was all dry and combed. He lay down, but worried for Lucy. What if she is lost, Emmet thought. No! Emmet got up and texted Lucy. He hoped for a reply. He walked nervousness around the room. I hope Lucy is okay. Emmet noticed a small picture of he and Lucy on Lucy's vanity table. It was them 2, they were at an amusement park. They were eating cotton candy while riding the ferris wheel. It was a great day. They were already engaged when the picture was taken. Emmet smiled at the memory. This got him more worried for Lucy. Emmet was wondering if he should panic or stay calm. Just as he was going to decide, the front door opened. Emmet gasped and ran out of the room.
"Hi Emmet!", Lucy greeted. She looked tired, eyes filled with joy. Emmet ran to her and embraced her.
"Oh Lucy! I was so worried.", Emmet softly said. He kissed her on her cheek. She was very warm.
"Sorry I didn't text you. There are no phones allowed at the doctor.", Lucy said. Emmet gasped.
"Lucy! What happened? Why were you at the doctor?", Emmet asked in worry. He let go of her and rubbed her shoulder. As soon as he asked, Lucy became worried.
"Are you sick? I could make some tea.", Emmet asked. Lucy grabbed his hand.
"No. I'm not sick.", Lucy responded. She was very concerned. Emmet looked at her.
"Tell me, what's wrong?". Emmet was already very worried too. Lucy smiled softly.
"Emmet. Something wonderful just happened.", she whispered. Emmet wondered why going to the doctor was wonderful. Nothing is great about a medical facility. Emmet was curious.
"Okay. I'm listening.", he said. He began to smile nervously. Lucy too a very deep breath, just like her wedding day. He won't be upset, she thought. Lucy gathered her courage and finally said it.
"Emmet.... I'm.. We are going to be parents."
Emmet's nervous smile became huge in seconds. He was going to be a father. Lucy cried tears of joy when he was happy. They hugged.
"Lucy! That's great news.", he happily said. A couple like them are very unlikely to become parents.
"I love you so much Lucy."
"I love you too, Emmet."
They kissed and thought of how their lives were going to become.