fancy meeting you here

≫ 7 ≪

After starting her morning off being woken up by Mike, El couldn't seem to get him out of her head.

While she found him to be slightly annoying, she also thought he was very cute. He seemed to have a good sense of humor too. She got the feeling he was often trying to make her laugh, even if his attempts weren't so great.

At first, she had assumed he was snobby, but she wasn't so sure about that anymore. Now she was starting to think that he didn't have a mean bone in his entire body. He's already apologized multiple times for what happened at the beach, and meant it, which most guys wouldn't do.

He also looks at her in this weird way, but it's not a bad weird. It's a good weird, that makes her feel things inside, things that she doesn't want to acknowledge just yet.

Okay, so maybe he isn't too bad...

She was trying to be cold toward him, because the last thing she wants is some random guy chasing after her. But it was getting a bit hard to do that, when being in his presence made that cold exterior of hers want to melt away. And since she seemed to run into him everywhere she went, it might start melting pretty soon.

She really couldn't help it, those dark eyes of his just really captivate her. She had to force herself to make as little eye contact as possible with him earlier, just so she wouldn't freeze up like she had that night at the carnival.

Once she finally got back inside, El had somehow ended up watching Mike work, through the living room window. Thankfully, Sara and her dad went into town to get ice cream. It would've embarrassed the hell out of her if anyone knew she had been watching him, for over an hour.

But once again, she couldn't help it. Something about this guy was slowly claiming her attention.

Mike had finally left, which meant she could actually go on with her day. She showered and got dressed, all the while, still thinking of Mike.

Afterwards, she made herself some breakfast, eating it out on the front porch, so she could enjoy the nice weather.

She was still home alone, which she figured she should be grateful for, but she wasn't. She had grown insanely bored and at this point, she would even enjoy the company of her dad and Sara. There was absolutely nothing to do in this house except play piano and she definitely wasn't doing that.

She hadn't played the piano since her dad left them years ago and nothing was going to change that.

Deciding that she couldn't sit in the house any longer, she grabbed her things and walked into town. She had to use her phone to find her way around, still not having a clue on how to get anywhere.

El eventually spotted a music store on the other side of the street, quickly crossing the road to get to it. The inside was filled with CD's, vinyls, and various music instruments for sale. One of those instruments just so happened to be a piano. It took El's breath away. She ran her fingers along the keys, admiring its beauty. After realizing what she was doing, she pulled her fingers away, as if it had burned her skin. She walked away from the piano, as her thoughts of how beautiful it probably sounded faded away.

She found the section where her style of music was and began searching through the bins. She noticed a few good records, but all of them were insanely overpriced.

What she didn't notice was a familiar redheaded girl on the next aisle over, staring her down.

Max snatched a handful of cheap music note bracelets off the counter, dropping them in El's bag, as she casually walked behind her.