best first date ever

≫ 8 ≪

The next morning, Mike woke up immediately feeling the soreness throughout his entire body. He had chosen to ditch the beach chair and slept on a thick blanket in the sand, which clearly ending up being the wrong choice. He slowly sat up, immediately shaking all the sand out of his curly hair.

Beside him, El was still peacefully sleeping. He smiled to himself, remembering their conversations from last night. They talked for hours and the more he got to know about her, the more interesting she became to him. She was truly one of a kind.

Mike really didn't want to wake El up, since it was still pretty early. He moved to his chair, hoping to get a bit more rest.

He didn't get much though, because all too soon, he was being woken up by an incessant tapping on his shoulder.

Mike's eyes shot open, finding a short, blonde headed girl right in his face.

"What's your name?" She curiously asked, with a wide smile on her face.

"Uh, I'm Mike. Who are you?" He sat up, rubbing his tired eyes. He looked around for any adults nearby, assuming the kid had wandered off from her parents. Nobody else was around, so clearly she hadn't.

Where the hell did this kid come from?

"I'm Sara, her sister." She said, nodding toward a sleeping El.

"Oh man, you have El for a sister, I'm so sorry." Mike joked, making Sara giggle.

"Yeah, well you're her boyfriend, so right back at ya." She said, playfully poking his shoulder.

"I'm not her boyfriend. She is pretty amazing though, so that wouldn't be a bad thing."

It wouldn't be a bad thing at all, Mike thought to himself.

"What's in the bag?" Mike asked her, pointing toward the paper bag he had just noticed in Sara's hand.

"Oh, I brought you breakfast!" Sara excitedly held it out for Mike to grab.

Mike graciously took the bag from Sara, opening it up to see a handful of eggos.

"Eggos? Why am I not surprised?"

Sara giggled again, smiling at Mike.

"Thank you, Sara. I'll be sure to save some for El." He patted her head as if she were a puppy, which made her wonder why the heck this guy was hanging out with her sister. He seemed so nice and El was, well she was just El.

"Good luck waking her up, she is not a morning person." Sara quietly yelled, as she left to go back inside.

El woke up feeling pretty great, happy even. Last night had been fun and she really enjoyed getting to know more about Mike.

She liked him, a lot actually. As much as she didn't want to, she just couldn't help it. She had only known him for a few days, but she already knew he had more than what she could ask for in a guy. He was amusing, sweet, insanely good looking. The list could go on and on really. After last night, these thoughts only became more unavoidable in her mind.  

The second she completely gave in to those thoughts though, her brain instantly made her consider all of the things that could go wrong. She didn't want this to end badly and then be even more of a mess. Her life was fucked up enough as it is, adding relationship drama wouldn't help. She decided it was better to just not even go there. No matter how much she might want to, she can't. Time for ice cold El to return.