she's in love

≫ 9 ≪

El was in an incredible mood today, all thanks to the guy who's been consuming her thoughts since the second she got home last night. Well, he had obviously been on her mind prior to then, but things were much different now. She couldn't stop thinking of Mike and how excited she was to spend more and more of her time with him. They had made plans to hang out today after Mike got finished with work. The second she woke up, she was reminded of this and hasn't been able to contain her excitement about it since.

She woke up much earlier than usual, but didn't feel the need to complain about it. She ate her breakfast on the front porch, where she typically ate most of her meals. She just loved feeling the ocean breeze constantly blowing through her hair. The sounds of the waves crashing to shore made her feel so at ease and of course, the view wasn't too bad either. This was definitely one thing she now wished Manhattan could give her. While she did love the city, with its bright lights and endless sea of inhabitants, she quickly realized that this place gave her a feeling that she was beginning to love.

After awhile, El had noticed the house had grown much too silent. She started to wonder where her dad and Sara had managed to run off to. The car was still parked in the driveway, so she knew they couldn't have gone too far.

Once she'd searched just about everywhere, she finally found the pair in what looked to be a shed outback. Both of them were leaned over a table, various tools lying all around them.

"So this is where you two snuck off to? I was starting to think you'd been kidnapped." El joked, as she walked further in the shed to see what they were up to. "What are you guys doing out here?"

"We're making stained glass windows!" Sara exclaimed, showing off the one she was currently assembling.

"Stained glass windows? Huh... That sounds difficult. You guys couldn't find anything else to do for fun around here?" El asked them, causing them to both look at each other in a way that made El feel like she was missing something.

"It's not for fun El! Well, it is fun, but we're doing it to help! We've been working on them every day, which you would know if you were here." Sara told her, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

El examined the windows on the table, which clearly were a long way from being finished. She then looked to her dad for an explanation on what exactly they were doing this for.

"They're for the church in town that's being restored. I spend a lot of my time there, you know, doing piano related stuff, so I offered to do it." He informed her, as he continued his work.

"That's a lot of work though. Are you getting paid or something?" She asked him, wondering why he would sign up for something so time consuming.

"No, no pay. It's okay though. I kind of owed it to them." He shrugged.

El didn't really understand what he meant, but didn't feel like questioning it.

"You going to hang out with your boy toy today?" Sara playfully asked El, making kissy faces at her.

"Yes, actually I am hanging out with Mike today, when he gets off of work." El pulled her phone from the pocket of her jean shorts to check the time. "In exactly two hours."

Jim and Sara looked to each other and couldn't hold in their laughter.

"You're counting down the hours until you see him? Who are you and what have you done with my sister?" Sara said, through her laughter.

"Ha ha. Very funny. So what if I am?" El responded, not fazed by her sister's teasing.

"Leave your sister alone, Sara. She's in love." He teased, smiling up at El.