1

"How do you feel to be free for almost three whole months?" Reece asks me, draping his arm over my shoulder as I walk out of the building having just completed my Psychology exam along with probably three-hundred other students

"Honestly it was a good way to end the year, I can't imagine having to finish with Chemistry or something," I scrunch my face in disgust and Reece chuckles above me. I look up to catch the contagious smile on his tanned face. Can you take me for food now?" I ask cheekily and practically feel him roll his eyes, a habit I'm convinced that he got from my sassy self.

"Sure sassy pants. Anything else for Queen Faye?" He says sarcastically, steering us towards our favorite on-campus pizza joint. I put my finger on my chin and look up as if I'm pondering my options.

"Being carried there sure sounds nice," I tell him, not able to hide the massive grin on my face and he sticks his tongue into the inside of his lower lip, pushing it out and smiling while shaking his head.

"All right, hop on," He says and my eyes widen in excitement. I jump onto his back with no hesitation and bury my face into his neck while looking out at the world from my new beloved perspective.

"Seriously, things are so much better up here, I swear. Can I please take up permanent residence on your back?" I ask him, feigning seriousness. Reece chuckles again and the sound makes me smile.

"You're annoying enough with your voice so far away all the way down there at five-foot-three, I can't imagine you in my ear twenty-four-seven," He jokes and I playfully smack his chest with one of my hands that is currently wrapped around his neck.

"Bully," I mutter.

"Yeah, because out of the two of us, I'm the bully," He teases and I relent. Fine, maybe I'm the slightly more domineering one in this friendship. I may also be a bit aggressive, but purely out of love.

"Let's just call it mutualism," I say and he immediately laughs.

"Right. More like parasitism," He says and I gasp.

"Ouch. I almost want to let go but we're almost there," I pout, leaning forward so that he can see.

"Fine. We'll call it commensalism and drop it," He relents and I give up with a smile.

"Whatever, only if you're the hermit crab and I'm the shell." What a good friend I am, talking biology to my nerdy best friend. "Nothing like a good old science talk to work up an appetite." I say happily, jumping down from his wide back just as we approach the entrance to Margherita-ville.

"I'm definitely the shell," Reece says after about a minute, still looking up at the menu and I burst out laughing. I pat his chest affectionately and return my gaze to the menu.

"Sure Reecey, whatever you say."