43

"Babe! Is it cool if my brother comes over next week? My mom doesn't want him to be alone when she goes away," Faye shouts from the living room while I make us lunch

"Of course, you know he's always welcome here. Maybe I could drive out and get Hunter. They really seemed to hit it off when they were here last time," I tell her, flipping the chicken in the pan to sear the other side.

I look over the counter to see Faye wrapped up in a blanket while she attempts to get over a cold. I check the chicken and let it cook while I watch her. Her red hair is a mess on her shoulders but still so cute. I smile as she sniffles and scrunches her nose repeatedly. I put on the kettle and take the pan with the chicken off the stove as it finishes cooking.

Just as I'm cutting the chicken up, the kettle starts to whistle so I pour the hot water into a mug and add a tea bag and honey, bringing it to Faye. Her blue eyes are even more brilliant than usual with the red color rimming them but even sick, this girl manages to make my heart skip a beat.

"Thanks, Reecey," Faye says, accepting the mug and smiling cutely up at me. She's been distancing herself from me so as to not get me sick but it's killing me to not be near her. I sit down and wrap my arm around her as she tries to protest but I cut her off before she can argue.

"Shut up. I don't care if you're sick, I want to be here. I was getting agitated without holding you for so long, I think that's what separation anxiety feels like." I state laughing a bit as she smiles and rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. If you get sick, this is on you." She says. Faye turns to me quickly. "Where's my chicken? I'm starving." She says and I laugh once again. I get up and go back to the kitchen to finish cutting it up and I add the carrots that I cooked earlier to our plates. I carry them over to Faye and she eagerly holds out her hands to accept her food.

"Any more requests?" I tease and she bites her lip to hide her smile and shakes her head. I sit back down beside her and she switches what she was watching to find something that we'd both like, settling on Homefront which I've never seen before, but Faye has a huge hard-on for Jason Statham and any movie that he's in.

As we watch the movie, the two of us shuffle around so that I'm leaning against the headrest and Faye's back is against my chest, sitting between my legs. I wrap my arms around her chest and lay them there, holding her close to me.

"Ow don't. My boobs hurt," Faye says, moving my arms to rest above her chest instead of across it.

"Is that a cold thing?" I ask, curious.

"No, that's a period thing. It always happens before I get my period," She says and I nod even though she can't see me. I should know this because I grew up with my mom and sister, but I would always tune them out as they started to talk about their boobs. The only pair I want to talk about are Faye's.

"They're bigger."

"Not surprised you noticed, horndog." Faye laughs and I shake my head.

"Take it back or I'll tickle you," I say, tightening my grip around Faye so that she can't get away. She tenses her whole body up in anticipation and begs me not to.

"Please Reece. Don't do this." She says too seriously, turning a bit to be able to look up at me and I see the humor in her eyes. I keep a straight face as I move my hands down her body to flip her over so that she's laying on top of me on her stomach and my hands are resting on her lower back.

"No! Stop!" Faye shrieks and giggles, squirming in my lap as she now sits up and struggles to get away from me with my grip on her hip. I move my hands all over her, tickling her and laughing as she does. She takes deep breaths in between laughing and my cheeks start to hurt from smiling so much. I stop and she lays her head down on my chest, now straddling my lap comfortably as she tries to catch her breath.

"Mhmm you smell like cinnamon," I say, inhaling the scent of her shampoo. I love the way that Faye smells. Most girls go for sweeter smelling perfumes like flowers and shit but Faye's is sexy as hell.

"You smell like...chicken." Faye laughs against my chest and I laugh out loud at that.

"Well, I guess it could be worse..." I trail off, continuing to laugh with Faye. "Do you want me to get you anything?" I ask after we both calm down. She shakes her head, face still buried in my shirt.

"No, I'm perfect right here."

"Yeah, you are." She looks up a tiny bit with a growing grin and flushed cheeks. Faye now rests her chin on my chest while we stare at each other. I don't care in the slightest if I get sick, because if I weren't as close to her as I am now, I'd be missing this moment. Staring into Faye's eyes while she stares into mine feels so intimate and being this close to her makes my chest tighten.

"You're so hot it's crazy." Faye blurts out and my eyebrows shoot up.

"Tell me how you really feel babe," I joke and she rolls her eyes but allows them to travel all over me now.

"I remember when we first met. I saw you and I immediately started flirting." She laughs and my eyes widen at the retelling of this story that I know so well, eager to hear her side of it. "I thought you were so attractive, and Lexi seemed to like you, so I just went for it. It seemed like you were flirting too. I got your number, and then I was too scared to text you back. When you found me at the party, I felt like everything just came together." she says blinking up at me.

"I was flirting. I swear it was love at first sight." She blushes again. "Would you change anything? About how it all happened?" I ask her, curious. She shakes her head immediately.

"No. I think being best friends is the best thing that you can have with someone that you're in love with. I think everything happens for a reason, although when we were playing that question game in the car, I would not have minded if you had just pulled over and fucked me on the side of the road. I was so frustrated." She giggles and I groan, leaning my head back against the couch.

"I wanted to, you have no idea." I groan looking back down. Faye wiggles in my lap, no doubt wanting to turn me on but I grip her hips to stop her.

"They say that sex can boost your immune system. What do you think about that theory?" Faye asks cheekily and I shake my head with a smirk on my face. I stand up quickly, throw Faye over my shoulder, and walk the two of us into our bedroom. My girl is sick so I have to get to work on that immune system.

 My girl is sick so I have to get to work on that immune system