31

"I have to go to work, leave me alone," Reece whines playfully, with his hand covering my entire face and holding me at arms-length so that I can't reach him

"I have to go to work, leave me alone," Reece whines playfully, with his hand covering my entire face and holding me at arms-length so that I can't reach him. Reece says that he's taking me somewhere after work for the weekend but he won't tell me where, and he's using work as an escape. Since we got back, I've been slightly clingy, but Reece doesn't seem to mind at all. Thinking about it, we've always been this way with each other, the only thing that has changed is the knowledge of reciprocated feelings and 100% more sexual benefits.

"I even woke up early for this. Reece, please!" I beg while jumping up and down, swatting his hand from off of my face. Reece is fully amused and I huff. With the door open, Reece leans over and gives me a quick peck on the lips before rushing out and closing the door.

I stay standing there, staring at the closed door with arms crossed and a pout on my face. I'm about to turn away when the door slams back open and Reece steps back in with purpose. Approaching me in one long stride, his big hands wrap around my waist and lift me up, pressing our chests together as his lips take mine forcefully. I eagerly join in, feeling lightheaded and hot as hell.

I wrap a leg around his narrow waist but Reece breaks apart from our kiss and detaches me from his body. "Couldn't leave without a proper kiss, but I really do need to go. Lo-later." Reece stumbles over his last word and I smile endearingly, giving him a wink and pushing him to leave.

Sighing happily as I turn away from the door, I walk to my room to gather my bag and clothes for my own job. Most weekdays, I teach dance classes for a few hours while Reece has soccer commitments. I'm glad for the extremely flexible schedule though because I want to enjoy my summer as much as possible.

"Fuck!" I curse as I stub my toe while running around grabbing everything much too fast. I roll my eyes at myself as I squeeze my foot and take a breather. Once I'm collected and the pain is less severe, I collect my things and leave, locking the door behind me. The walk to the studio doesn't take long and I thank Reece for finding an apartment in such a central location.

Thankfully, Reece fed me before he left because otherwise, my body would not be functioning right now. My cheeks heat when I recall our heated kiss this morning. I can't believe I'd waited so long to act on my feelings for him. Granted, I didn't really understand my feelings but how could I be so oblivious to his?

"Remember that time I almost kicked that guy's ass at that party? It was last year, and you had to run and get Chase to stop me?" Reece asks me and I nod, confused. "He was checking you out, and then he started talking to me like we were friends, saying how hot you were and how he was going to make a move," Reece admits and I smile.

"Oh Reece. I felt so bad for that guy though, you're scary when you're angry," I tell him honestly. Reece may be a teddy bear, and if you know him you know that there's nothing to fear, but if you don't know him he looks like a muscular six-foot-six guy that could end you with one punch. His height alone is intensely intimidating.

Laying in bed one night, Reece admitted a few of the things that I'd been oblivious to. I wonder if I had known, whether I would have been ready to embrace us sooner. I can't change the past though, and we're together now, so there's no use in thinking about what-ifs.

"Thank you, Miss Faye," A small voice tells me as I'm almost knocked over from behind by a small body with small arms wrapped around my hips. I rotate my upper body to see Sabrina, a student in my summer class, hugging me goodbye. Sabrina is one of the younger girls who are constantly emotional, especially when saying goodbye, even though I see her twice a week minimum.

"Bye Sabrina, I'll see you next week," I give her a little squeeze and gently push her towards her father who is leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed, watching our interaction with a smile. I smile back and wave, turning to face a few other girls and kneeling to talk to them about their upcoming recital.

A hand is placed on my shoulder as I'm knelt down in front of some students, and I turn my head to see Mr. Carver, Sabrina's dad standing above me. I stand up and brush myself off as I do, still standing well below him.

"I just wanted to say how much Sabrina has loved coming to your classes, and I was wondering if I could sit in on one someday..." He trails off. If it weren't for his dark eyes settling on my chest, I'd have thought that his request was entirely innocent, but I doubt with the way he's looking at me now that he intends to come to class to watch his daughter.

I smile sweetly, dripping fakeness. "Sorry, Mr. Carver, I'll have to say no because we can't have the girls feeling uncomfortable or like they're being examined in class. Have a good one," I dismiss and take a step back, noticing that he's gotten closer as I spoke.

Mr. Carver takes a step closer to me once again and I'm as far back as I can go, but before I do anything I may regret, I spot the familiar mop of soft brown hair from over his shoulder and smile. Reece looks calculating and when he sees my widened eyes, he has to hide his fury.

"Faye baby, ready to go?" Reece greets, claiming me and I smile wide. Mr. Carver takes a large step back and turns his head to face Reece. His eyebrows raise as he looks up at him, Reece towering over even standardly tall men. He doesn't stop walking until he's close enough to make Mr. Carver squirm.

"I was just telling Mr. Carver here that it was time to leave. Bye now," I wave sarcastically, not offering a smile as he grabs Sabrina's hand and leads her out, all of the other girls gone with their parents now as well. It's not my job to be polite to someone who invades my personal territory without my enthusiastic consent.

"Fuck," Reece runs his hand through his hair, making it even messier. "I thought I was going to throw that guy across the room. Did he touch you? Goddamnit." Reece stresses out over my well-being and I calm him by stepping into his warmth and resting my head against his chest. He holds me to him and we just stand there like that, until his heartbeat slows down slightly.

"So...where are we going?"

where are we going?"