29

"Let me take you out

"Let me take you out." I say confidently as I stand beside Faye in the bathroom mirror, watching her get ready for the day. She turns to me and tilts her head to the side.

"I'm supposed to taking you out, birthday boy," She teases.

"My birthday was yesterday. And it could be another gift for me. Let me take you out." She pretends to mull it over but doesn't make me wait long until she wraps her arms around my shoulders, standing on her tip-toes and agreeing with a cute kiss to my nose.

"Okay," She says quietly and my heart flutters at her small, nervous, yet eager voice.

"Okay."

"We're going out!" I yell to our friends as we quickly bypass them and their interesting expressions, smirking to myself when we barely manage to avoid their questions.

"Where are we going?" She asks me and I shrug.

"Honestly, I have no idea. We have a couple hours to kill so I thought we'd come downtown and look at all the shops." I say and she smiles. I marvel at our hands. We often hold hands, but I knew that it never meant anything more to her, at least I thought it hadn't. Now, it feels monumental.

"I don't mind. I like spending time with you," She says and smiles, looking around at everything and up at the tall buildings as we exit the hotel. Her eyes light up and I follow their path to the familiar pink and black store that I pretend to hate being dragged into. "I have to," She looks up at me apologetically because she can't control herself and I smirk at the turn of events.

"Maybe you'll let me pick something out for you?" I ask lowly and Faye looks at me confusedly.

"You always pick out my outfits." She says matter-of-factly.

"Okay, let me rephrase." I say, taking a step closer into her personal space, leaving not enough room for a piece of paper to slide between us. "Maybe you'll let me pick something out for me?" I ask cheekily and she rolls her eyes.

"I'd love to see you wearing this stuff, but I'm not sure it will fit you," She says, jokingly cupping my pecs as we walk through the doors of Victoria's Secret. I laugh along and follow her through the store, willing myself not to imagine Faye in any of it. My eyes are permanently widened as she picks up item after item of lace and satin items, dragging me with her into the change rooms with zero interruption from the sales-lady. I fail.

"No touching," Faye demands, pushing me into a comfortable pink poufy chair as she begins to shed her clothing slowly. My hands itch to move up and touch her fair skin, but I obey, allowing my eyes to roam with the knowledge that my hands will be able to eventually.

My breathing is heavy as she strips her clothes off, revealing a cute mismatching red bra and black underwear, I couldn't care less at what she has on though. She reaches back to unclip her bra, all the while making eye contact with me, and I groan, putting my head in my hands while muttering "Look, don't touch. Look, don't touch".