10

"I'm bored

"I'm bored. Entertain me." Faye moans lazily from the couch where she's been watching The Big Bang Theory for the past four hours. Faye's days off consist of lots of snacks, blankets, and Netflix.

"I have practice in an hour, and I'm leaving early to help Chase set up," I tell her, watching as her expression turns from bored to intrigued. I start to shake my head but she interrupts me before I can say no.

"I'm coming with. Be ready in a minute." She says and hops off the couch like it's on fire. The blankets that were covering Faye now cover the floor and I get to work on folding them and putting the empty bowls and plates away while she gets ready. There really is no saying 'no' to Faye. She gets what she wants and she knows it. Once the living room is tidied, I change into a tight grey workout shirt and a pair of black soccer shorts, putting my cleats, gloves, socks, and shin guards into a bag.

Faye walks out of her room dressed in a little red tank top tucked into short denim shorts with rips all over them, paired with a pair of big red Fila sneakers that make her two inches taller, which isn't saying much. Her hair, previously in a messy bun on top of her head, is down and wildly curly. Her thick red hair shines under the hallway lights.

"Ready?" She asks as if she was the one waiting for me for the past ten minutes. As she walks closer, I notice that she still isn't wearing any makeup and her freckles are visible which I wholeheartedly approve of.

I roll my eyes and grab my keys, slinging my bag over my shoulder and holding the door open for Faye. She walks in front of me as we take the stairs to get to the bottom floor. Unlocking my Jeep when it comes into view, I open the door to that as well so she can climb in.

At first, Faye struggled to get into the Jeep because it's been lifted slightly to allow for better suspension on sand and dirt roads, but she's got it down now as she pushes off with her foot and reaches up to grab the roof handle. I shut her door and round the front, climbing in and putting on my seatbelt before peeling out of the lot and driving to the Greenville University campus where my soccer team practices during the summer as well as during school.

I managed to work my way up to be the starting goalie of the Varsity Soccer team and have the privilege of playing alongside three of my best friends, Chase, Maddox, and Luke. It's just a bonus that Faye happens to be a cheerleader and has to attend all of our games.

In ten minutes, we pull into the parking lot of the soccer field and Faye hops out of the Jeep before I can help her. She walks ahead to go see the boys while I grab my bag from the back. Finding a bench on the side of the field, I sit to put my gear on as quickly as possible, knowing that most of the guys on the team are completely infatuated with Faye and leaving her alone with them isn't something I enjoy doing despite the fact that she can fully handle herself.

The hot sun is beating down on me as I approach the group of guys gathered around Faye, leaving only a few stragglers to continue practicing.

Faye is chatting animatedly with Chase, Maddox, and Luke, not even bothering to entertain the rest of the guys who are attempting to gain her attention. I put my arm over her shoulder when I'm beside her, and Chase and Maddox look at me unimpressed as if I'm claiming my territory, which I definitely am not. Luke just chuckles.