Time.

Pacing, Aletheia waited patiently for Lilly to leave the bedroom. Just to say goodbye but still, she wouldn't leave. Aletheia knew that Lilly was aware of the working hours but she was probably still asleep and so Aletheia lifted her bag and walked out of the flat to the hall. It was far quieter than she liked as the past almost week had meant she left a lot later and so more people could be heard.

A dress was worn that showed more of her off like she used to wear before. Clearly, it felt odd to go back to work. To be out in the wild again. This time there was no Will and a fear scratched all over her. It was like she had started school all over again and peers applied pressure to her.

When she had managed to get into the large building smiling faces met her, it was not a secret that she was at the top of the field and so respect was felt for her. Something about law just ignited a buzz inside of her like a child on their birthday. Nothing more could be said as she sat in her office and thought about the workload. Soon the blinds closed to allow privacy and her phone was pulled out of her pocket.

Hey, you're probably asleep but I was just wondering what you were up to right now.

I'm up. Just started a video. If you watch the live right now you would hear my phone go off. Golf it.

No response came as she understood that he was busy but it was hardly a minute later when he text again.

We can still talk. I can put you on vibrate and that sounds weird and I know but oh well. I have done it now. XXX

I am just freaking out. I have a court case already and in an hour I will have to defend them. What if I fuck it up? XXX

You won't. I can come down if you want. XXX

I can't expect that of you. Besides you are streaming. Thank you though. Xxx

Oh, but I will. I will head off soon. I am going to guess it is the courthouse right by the firm. I have stalked your place of work. Mainly due to the fact that I had no clue who they were. I now know that they are the best in Canada. So I am proud of you. Xxx

I hope I never have to defend you in here. That wouldn't be ideal. Anyway, I have to read up on a case and you have to stream your golf it. Xxx

Bye. See you in an hour. XXX

Aletheia sat at her desk and she was put to work tirelessly as the boxes on the case had grown into four boxes. Fortunately, there was an overview but the other lawyer had gotten used to the case. Jaren being there was going to add to the stress but that had to be ignored. Will had watched and helped as she worked but Jaren was different. She actually liked Jaren and Will was more because she thought Will was supposed to be the one. The man she believed had to be perfect and her future. They were both lawyers and it fit but it didn't fit as it should have.

The hour had passed way too quickly as soon she sat in the courtroom and her client was sat beside her. They spoke of what was good and bad but very little could be added to the wise words spoken before and she was all too aware of that. Finally, the doors opened and the prosecution walked in. Aletheia did all she could to avoid looking but that had to happen. To her left were the last two people she had expected. Will and Miah sat with a member of the victim's family. Aletheia had a look around and Jaren was seen. He sent a smile her way as he saw her and she shook her head.

"Were they representative last time you had an appointment here?" He shook his head and Aletheia grimaced at it. Clearly annoyed at their pettiness levels. She knew they were going to set her off so she prepared for it. Will knew her weakness and Miah also did as she looked over courtroom readings and she also sat in on some. Luckily, Aletheia had stopped work talk with Will as soon as she could, which meant that Will wasn't as clued in. Something kept Aletheia defensive around him. A red flag in any relationship.

The judge was then announced and every person stood to meet her. She was tall with black hair and tanned skin. She was well kept and nails to die for. An unfortunate use of words for the case. Eventually, though the case began and Aletheia called the family member to the stand. That had not been a part of the other court sessions so Will was visibly unsure of what was going on.

"Miss Mantle. Can you run us through the events of the day in which you found both of your parents in the front room?" As she had asked this she paced around the whole floor. The jury watching her closely. Getting to know her body language.

"Objection. Waste of time." Will knew she always hated being objected on such small and trivial questions but unfortunately for him, her weaknesses had become strengths and with a smile, she told him that she knew what he was doing. Miah held a smug smirk thinking it had ruffled feathers but it hadn't, Will seemed to also believe that his objection had thrown her off. The judge overruled it and the woman answered.

"I had a mole removed from my back. I have the scar on my back. Then I returned to the house and got dressed. Careful to work around the patch. Deciding it was best to do as the doctors said I got washed, careful not to scrub the new wound. Then I got out and got dressed again. When I went downstairs I found them. Dead. I had heard nothing but I saw the bullet wounds that, that, that man put into their bodies." Aletheia sighed and smiled. A slip-up and it was brilliant for the defendant.

"So tell me, Miss Mantle. The doctor you went to. Has he given a formal letter to say the time, date and the fact that he did it?" She agreed quickly.

"Yes. He sighed a paper to say that I was in the books. I also paid before the operation." Aletheia gave a smile and it unsettled all prosecution members.

"But he hasn't said that he actually did it so for all we know you could have lied." At this Will stood and gave the suspected shout of disapproval. The judge asked Aletheia to get to the real point.