Returns.

The door was swung open and a huff was sounded. The morning had crept up on the world as they were forced to just embrace it for what it was. A shit show. When her door closed the phone buzzed. It was like before as she spoke on her way to work.

"Hey. I know, I will be at work soon but I'm currently walking to my car. Yes, I planned that meeting so I call bullshit. Well, she has killed four men and three women. I have the jury convinced it is manslaughter I am sure. The fire may be seen as accidental for her. Well.... It sucks. I wanted to be a doctor to save lives. I got buggered and ended up as a lawyer defending killers. What about the case yesterday? That wasn't a one-off though was it now?" She passed her neighbour but not a word was said to him and no signs of her even having seen him were given.

Smii7y pulled out his phone and once again the message appeared. She still had not let him message her. It made some sense but it hurt a lot. He just wanted to be kind to her but she wanted to protect herself against his charm again.

"I am off. See you later brother." John left and Octavia went to follow in his steps. His leaving was only for a few hours but it felt a little odd. John had become a part of his every day. John was only going to get something to eat for them.

Aletheia sat at her desk huffing and puffing about one of the million cases she hated but also loved to work. She got to take out all of her passion on a case. Get really involved and it was for that reason alone that small cases requiring little attention were always given to other people. She wasn't half the lawyer in small cases.

Sat at her desk the phone rang but it wasn't the main one. It was a ringing from her own mobile which was odd since Jaren didn't have the chance to text. It was John and she was hesitant but eventually she just up and did it.

"Hello, John. What can I do for you today? I have a case in half an hour so no need to be all problematic and throwing shit at me like you like to do sometimes." He was silent but distant laughs were heard. Clearly, it was for a video that he had called her.

"I just wanted to know about something. You see we have a black card that reads 'I hate it when she gets all up in my business about blank'. Smii7y here put a white card as a response but I am sure you are the only person I have ever heard us it and we are all too lazy to Google it. What is a 'Recidivism' and why would she be in our business?" The question made Aletheia question why they were friends but she also loved it.

"It is when a person returns to previously carried out criminal activities. So if a bank robber is stopped and then five years after serving the time they rob a bank then it is called, in my business, 'Recidivism' and so their liability is also called into question and their morals are." There were questions about what her field of work was from Delirious.

"Well, Mr Delirious. My business would be law. Your business would be a failed biology degree from college." A few sounds of shock were made at her joke but the phone filled with laughter at her comment.

"The sad thing is she is the only one of you all that can say shit..." Aletheia hung up and set back off to work again. The case was not about to solve itself but she wasn't in the mood to stand in court. Still, she was paid to and so she would.

The case pushed on until far past standard working hours but it was a successful case and there was one less serial killer on their streets. A tough case to work on and more so for the defence but that wasn't her job to do.

The phone rang again and a name that was less than desirable was seen. The piece of unholy shit, Miah. The new girlfriend of Will but he was almost definitely cheating on her with Alison still. Or rather, the ex-girlfriend of Will's.

"Hello, you have reached Aletheia Octavia. How may I help you this fine day Chlamydia Butt sniffer?" The phone went silent. Clearly, Miah had no clue what to say until shouting erupted and Aletheia held back a laugh.

"Look, I have a number call me. The words Chlamydia Butt Sniffer appear as the contact name and you get mad. I'm working with what I got. Now, tell me why I am receiving a call from you." Miah calmed and spoke evenly.

"I have just been thinking. Do you need a new team leader for level four? Also, I am well aware of our differences but I am new and happier. Less reliant on others and a lot more of a general help." Miah had a forced flowery tone and Aletheia sighed.

"You got fired, didn't you?" The silence left her an answer and a small smile of gratitude was seen. Miah couldn't bother her anymore but the cases Miah had worked on suffered due to her inability to work.

"No. I am the fourth year leader and we are fine. Besides, I have to..." Again Miah's voice was heard before Aletheia was able to complete the sentence. Not much could be added. As Miah invited herself over for an interview a phone rang. It was the one on Aletheia's desk and she sighed in relief.

"Miah. My phone is ringing. I have to go and answer it. I gave a job to get to. Perhaps any other place that isn't near me would be an option for you. Bye. Miah if you do that then I will block you. No that was a rule Laura and Will had. Goodbye." Perking up a bit a hand reached and picked up the phone.

"Borden Ladner Gervais LLP. You are talking to the criminal and relationships specialist Aletheia Octavia. Can I ask a name and what I can do to help you?" The cheery tone had a deep voice respond. Obviously holding in a few laughs.

"Hey, Thia. It's Marcel and I just had a quick question. Do you know what the fuck wait, I will send a picture?" He seemed to be busy on the side.

"Oh. Can you all edit out or bleep my small introduction? I ask but it isn't much of a question." Nogla laughed and made a brazen comment about never editing his videos.

"Well edit your fucking video you Irish cunt before I have to explain to my boss why our name is being dragged through the mud. My old boss has already tried that but it only lost him clients and helped us gain some." The image Marcel had been talking about was seen and read.

"It's Latin. 'velit ut' means 'make a wish'. How did you know I spoke Latin?" Fear of the answer crept in.

"Oh, I didn't. I thought it was a legal term or some shit. Anyway, we will be off. Thanks for that. Now, 'I lost my virginity because 'make a wish' stepped in' well shit." Aletheia assumed he meant to hang up and so she did it instead.