05

"I'm so glad you were here tonight." Allie gave a solemn grin to Asher. They both were in his bedroom in his huge modern, empty home.

Allie sat on his bed, wearing one of his old shirts that was definitely too large on her. The dress was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

Asher pulled off his tux and tie while answering. "Well, your mom did invite me."

"But the real question is did she invite you because she likes you or because she knew shit was bound to go down at the restaurant?" Allie hugged her knees to her chest and let out a frown.

Asher pulled on a Calvin Klein brand t-shirt to wear to bed while he answered. "I'm pretty sure it was the first one. No parent wants to make a scene."

"No, but they sure like doing it." Allie huffed. She knew she was being bratty, but she couldn't help it. Her parents had just embarrassed her in front of everyone in the restaurant. It was sure to be in the tabloids in a few days.

"Okay, you're in a terrible mood. Get up." A mysterious smirk appeared on Allie's boyfriends face.

"But I just got comfortable!" Allie whined, not ready to give up her place on his very expensive bed.

"Fine." Asher jogged over to the bed and swiftly picked up Allie and threw her over his shoulder, without even a groan complaining how much she weighed. Football did something to a guy.

A loud gasp-like squeal came from Allie as she was in complete shock. "Asher! Put me down now!"

"Uh, no." Asher replied and started to walk out of his bedroom and down the white and empty hallway.

She was just hoisted over his shoulder and didn't like it one bit. Mainly because she felt like he was going to drop her down the stairs as he walked.

Asher finally stopped his journey into his house as he dropped her on a kitchen stool in front of the kitchen counter.

"What the hell, Ash?" Allie groaned. "I could have died! My neck could have fallen off or something!"

He turned his back away from facing Allie and opened up the freezer connected to the refrigerator, completely ignoring her. "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Mint Chip? What am I kidding? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough all the way."

Allie's eyes now brightened, she was no longer upset at Asher for spontaneously carrying her. "Ice Cream? You know me so well!"

Asher pulled out both tubs of ice cream, took two spoons from the dishwasher and gave a spoon and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough tub to Allie.

Asher sat in front of her as they devoured themselves with the sugary goodness. It must have been after midnight and they were filling their bodies with sugar.

However, this was a tradition when either of them were upset. It was a sort of homage to their first date where they went to a ice cream parlor and Asher found out that Allie's "absolute favoritest ice cream of all time!" Is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. And so Asher always kept a tub in his freezer just for her. In his opinion, it was disgusting.

"Feeling better?" A grin overcame Asher's handsome features as he looked at his overjoyed girlfriend, whom he genuinely loved more than anyone else.

"Of course!" Allie giggled and pushed her hair out of her face. "You're such a sweet boyfriend, you know that?"

"I've heard it a few times, yeah."

"Next time you're upset what do you want me to do? I need to top these ice cream endeavors." A surge of excitement filled Allie. "I'm going to be the most sweetest and thoughtful girlfriend you've ever had."

"You are the most sweetest and thoughtful girlfriend I've ever had, you silly goose." Asher smiled and leaned in slightly to face Allie.

"Oh yay! But still tell me what you want." Allie bit her lip slightly. Maybe she could try playing football with him? But then again that was very dangerous. "I'm seriously trying to be better."

"You know what I want? All I want is for you to be happy and then I'll be happy." Asher cheekily responded.

Allie's heart melted. Asher was the best boyfriend that a girl could have. "I love you, you know that?"

"I love you more." Asher leaned in and placed his lips on Allie's. The familiar feeling only making Allie feel ten times better, forgetting all about her parents.

◇◇◇

"Jesus Allie, I'm so sorry." Hadley frowned.

Hadley, Allie, Jordan and JJ sat at a bench during lunch period. Allie's mind had slipped and she had absentmindedly told her friends about the fiasco that happened last night.

"Look on the bright side. If your parents divorce you get two christmases." JJ grinned at Allie, clearly trying to make her feel better but that didn't really help.

"And more arguing about who's going to take custody, " Allie furrowed her eyebrows. This morning she went over her house to pick up an outfit after spending the night as Ashers and overheard her parents talking about separating.

"You could always stay at my house if things don't work out with your parents." Jordan offered without hesitation.

"Did you forget that you already have a visitor?" Allie looked straight ahead and saw Spencer and Olivia sitting on a nearby bench talking. "Plus, Olivia totally hates me. And hopefully my parents will work things out. If not, who cares? But for now, I have a party invite to give."

Allie forced a smile, masking up her true feelings, something she did very often and made her way to Olivia and Spencer.

"Hey, guys! I have news that I've been informed to spread." Allie said enthusiastically to the seemingly close pair.

"Spill it." Spencer shrugged. Olivia just wiped her brown curls out of her face and gave a look of disinterest.

"So, Layla's having a party tonight, it's a small sort of football thing with all the guys. And she was wondering if you guys wanted to come?"

"Uh, you want me to come?" Olivia repeated and rolled her eyes.

"Technically Layla does. I'm just the cute messenger." Allie joked. "But Spencer, I can count on you coming, right?"

"I'll be there, yeah." Spencer replied and showed off his pearly whites.

"Good!" Allie beamed. "Oh and I'm sorry for Asher's comment about the gangs the other day. Obviously he didn't mean it, I don't know what had gotten into him."

"It's all good. He just need to watch his mouth next time before someone actually takes it to heart."

"I'll be sure to tell him that. Olivia, maybe you could come next time?"

"You keep thinking that." Olivia replied with a fake smile.

Allie fake smiled back. "Jokes on you, I will."