08

"So, he just left and now he's coming back to a booster party I helped plan?" Allie couldn't believe what her mother was saying. Since Allie's father a was important booster for the football team at Beverly, he was expected to come to the party.

Which was a problem because Allie was trying to push him out of her life. Literally. Every text, call, dm, even email she had gotten from her father had been deleted. She'd even blocked two of his main phone numbers. How he finds ways to contact with Allie was beyond her.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Amelia suggested. Both ladies stood in Allie's huge bathroom in front of the large mirror where Allie had her mother curling the ends of her hair.

Allie wore a thigh length royal blue dress that matched the clear Cinderella-like heels she wore, while compared to her mother who only wore sweatpants and a tank top. Surprisingly for the first time, Allie looked better than her mom.

"You're not a booster, mom. And that would be awkward. Everyone knows that there's tension between you and dad." Allie replied with a roll of her eyes.

In school she hadn't actually been talked to about her parents situation face-to-face, but at least five times a day, she would hear whispers about how her father was cruel and left Amelia and Allie left alone.

If only they knew.

"You're right." Amelia placed the curling iron on the counter and fluffed her daughters hair out. "Is Asher going?"

"With his dad, yeah." Allie nodded. "But Layla's coming over in, like, an hour so we can go together. Obviously her father isn't gonna make it."

"That poor girl. You say I'm never home but her dad goes M.I.A for months at a time."

"You're telling me." Allie commented.

Amelia then took a seat on the sink counter and swung her bare, pedicured feet. "Okay, so back to Asher. You spent the night there the other day, and I don't want to sound like I'm being a mom, mom. But, is there anything you want to talk to me about?"

"If you're talking about having sex, we didn't." Allie rolled her eyes at her nosy mother.

"Oh. Okay. So, um, have you two ever? You and Asher, I mean?" Amelia said quietly.

Allie couldn't believe this. Her mother was here asking questions about her sex life. Never in her life would she ever have thought this would be happening.

"Mom! Ugh. Don't ask about that." Allie turned around from her mom so she couldn't see her blushing.

"So that's a yes! You two better be using condoms. Wait, aren't you on the pill? You know what? It dosen't matter. Use both! I am not going to be a grandmother yet." Amelia blurted out all of these statements at a time that Allie could barely understand her.

"Obviously we use condoms." Allie muttered, mostly to herself, but her mother heard her.

"Oh! Okay so no grandmother. Yay! Good. Even though if you did end up pregnant, I think he'd be a good father." Allie's mother said with a small shrug.

"Better than dad?"

Her mother did a mix of a scoff and a snort at the same time. "I think every guy is better than your dad."