13

"All I'm saying is going strictly off fantasy points, touchdowns are worth more than interceptions." Asher shrugged as he, JJ, Jordan, and Spencer played a game of pool. Allie and Layla sat on barstools overlooking the game, both completely done with the constant reminder of football in each of their conversations.

The group of friends was at their after school hangout spot; a modern restaurant that served trendy food on the menu that had free facilities such as a foosball table, a dartboard, and a pool table.

Spencer scoffed at Asher's opinion as he sat on a nearby empty table. "Man, come on! A pick can change the game."

"And a touchdown can win a game." Asher shrugged back in response.

Jordan raised one of his thick eyebrows at his best friend. "So you think your 5 touchdowns in the last 3 games are more important than Spencer's 5 picks?"

JJ nodded in agreement as he held the pool stick in his hand, assessing the moves Asher was going to do next.

After a minute of silence and thinking about what the other boys had said, Asher shrugged and smiled. "We're all riding the same wave."

Layla and Allie both shared another annoyed look in the past five minutes. When would these boys ever shut up about football? After their last three wins, all that has been on their minds is football.

"Can we talk about anything other than football, please?" Layla actually pleaded the guys, who only shook their head at her pathetic attempt to change the conversation.

"If you had posted a bomb-ass picture on Instagram and got over a thousand likes would you stop ever talking about it?" Allie looked up from scrolling through the recently mentioned app on her phone.

Layla hesitated at first, then answered honestly. "Well no. Obviously, I wouldn't. What's your point?"

Allie gestured to the athletes who were practically glowing gold from all of their wins. "That's them. Only with football."

"Woah. That actually made sense," JJ said while he nodded his head. And that was a compliment. JJ didn't really understand such things.

Allie made a flipping motion with her hair. "Of course. I'm a genius."

"With a huge case of narcissism," Jordan replied with a shrug.

Allie glared at Jordan, but her eyes spotted Olivia instead. She immediately waved to her friend and—of course— everyone looked back to see the curly-haired girl. Spencer even excused himself from the group to talk to her.

"Hey, Jordan, what happened to you and Hadley?" Allie arched one of her recently tweezed eyebrows. "I liked her. She was nice."

"Yeah, she had a butler that gave great manicures." Layla nodded in agreement.

Okay, other than the fact that Hadley had a built-in spa in her home, Allie wondered why Jordan had decided to dump her.

"I don't know, we just weren't working out I guess." Jordan shrugged.

"That's what they all say!" Layla gave Jordan a knowing look. "What did she do? Drink too much? Spill liquid on your jersey? Cheat on you?"

"If that bitch cheated on you, she's gonna catch these hands," Allie added. The thought of cheating on your partner made Allie sick to the stomach ever since her parents had fought about it.

Plus after the homework assignment, that they had finished working on in an empty classroom at Lunch, Jordan and Allie had become good friends. Like they were friends with each other before, but something had changed.

"No! It was nothing like that. It was a mutual breakup. No hard feelings or anything. But thanks, Al. It's nice to know you got my back."

"Totally." Allie sent the tallboy a friendly wink in response before turning her attention back to her phone. She definitely did not believe him.

If she wasn't paying attention to her phone, she would have seen the interested look Asher was giving Jordan. Why was his girlfriend winking at his best friend? Did he miss something?

A waitress came over with the tab right when Spencer started walking back.

"Who asked for the bill?" Asher said while picking up the tab, radiating some sort of confused energy.

"I did." Jordan shrugged. "Well, give me your cards."

Allie pulled out her credit card that her parents added money onto and threw it on top of the pool table.  Typical Beverly Hills Blonde Bombshell. Her mommy and daddy paid for almost everything she had. As sad as it was, Allie couldn't imagine ever having to get a job. The horror.

"How much I owe?" Everyone watched Spencer as he pulled out a wad of cash he stored in his back pocket before Jordan waved it off. "Don't worry about it, Spence. I got you."

"I can't imagine having to carry around cash with me all of the time," Allie whispered to Layla, making sure Spencer couldn't hear her comment. It's not like she meant for her statement to be rude, it was the truth.

"Well, not everyone is fortunate to grow up sipping virgin Shirley Temples on our private yachts like us," Layla replied with an eye-roll. Layla knew Allie didn't mean harm, the blonde just didn't know anything other than fame and Rodeo Drive.

"I was always a virgin Piña Colada kind of girl," Allie smirked in response. Her parents weren't the best with kids, but they never let her drink real alcohol. At least until she was sixteen.

Layla shook her head and slightly pushed Allie off of the barstool. "Come on, drive me home." Layla playfully barked at Allie, since Allie begged her to come with hours before. She was not trying to be the only girl in a room full of football-loving jocks.

"Yes, ma'am," Allie responded and walked over to Asher and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. "Text me later?" 

"You're leaving? Everybody's leaving? We're not going home early. My dad's out of town."

"Whoa. All weekend?" Jordan cocked a grin. He already knew what was coming next.

JJ immediately went on his phone, ready to text the entire school that Asher is about to throw a killer party. Typical JJ—always ready to get drunk.

"Who are you texting?" Asher eyed JJ's phone. Allie peeked over the blonde's shoulder and saw he was doing a school-wide mass group text. "The real question is who is he not texting."

"Yo, am I missing something?" Spencer asked, looking around and seeing the Beverly kids get super excited about Asher's party he was about to have.

"Hey, listen, Asher's parties, they're legendary, OK?" Jordan informed Spencer who had no clue why everyone was so giddy.

"He don't sound like he want to throw a party to me."

"You're kidding." Allie replied with a smirk. "Ash loves these parties. You should come...maybe give Layla some company."

Layla shot daggers at Allie and rolled her eyes once she saw Spencer let out a small chuckle, look at his feet, then back at them. "She's only saying that because she gets wasted and I'm left alone as the designated driver."

"Yeah. That's totally what I meant." Allie lied between her teeth, then picked her car keys off of the pool table. "Meet you in the car."