06

"Okay, you definitely have to give me your pro tips on how to throw a killer party." Allie swayed over to Layla to the song Slide by Calvin Harris as she was standing on the balcony in her huge, pristine modern mansion.

"Killer?" Layla raised an eyebrow at Allie's word choice. "I thought that was so 2017."

"Oh, it totally is. But I'm Allie Hastings and I make everything sound cool." Allie snorted and let out an embarrassing laugh that was longer than it should have lasted.

Allie had arrived at the party early to help Layla set up, but when the party started full swing about an hour ago, almost immediately she became wasted.

Layla rolled her eyes at her overly confident best friend. "Lemme guess? You drank the punch?"

"Of course I drank the punch you silly goose, why?"

"JJ spiked it."

"...that makes total sense now!" Allie hopped on her pink pumps, which made the red cup sway and the brown liquid in the cup splash over the edge a bit.

"I love you, Als. But you gotta learn to ask before you drink." Layla took Allie's hand and spotted her boyfriend. "Let's go on a trip to Asher!"

"Asher? I love Asher! He has really soft hair, you know that? It's like softer than a baby's bottom. But I don't know what a baby's bottom would feel or look like because babies are really weird and chubby." Allie rambled on as she followed her best friend to the short trek over to the bar.

Drunk Allie had the tendency to be really sweet. But oh-so talkative. Meaning; she never shut the hell up.

Layla stood in front of Asher and gave a charming smile. "She's all yours."

Before Asher could respond, Layla quickly walked away in the direction of the front door. Which left wasted Allie in front of an amused Asher with a cheeky grin.

"Hey Als, how are you doing, pumpkin?" Asher pulled Allie into a hug, mainly to stop her from tipping over in those heels of hers.

"Great! Actually more than great! I'm greater!" Allie beamed. She was the complete opposite of herself when she was drunk. Asher found it hilarious.

"Is that even a word?" Asher asked the blonde who was now trying to inch out of his grasp to grab the empty beer bottle in Jordan's unknowing hand a few feet away.

"Does it matter?" Allie stuck out her bottom lip in a childish advance to get Asher to let go of her.

Asher gave up on trying to gently restrain Allie away from any source of alcoholic beverage and put his arms to his sides. "Not when it comes to you."

Asher's sweet words made Allie immediately blush and completely forget about her thirst for the brain cell killing drink.

"Oh my God, you're so sweet!" Allie giggled and gently placed a finger on Asher's nose. In the corner of her eye she spotted Hadley, who was breathing toxic smoke out of a bong. Yikes.

Even though she was drunk off her ass, Allie would never even think of smoking anything. The thought of inhaling and then breathing out drugs made her skin crawl. So, she came to the rescue.