10

"I can't believe you dragged me to a football game." Allie sat on one of the stands, squashed between Yuri, a girl in her genetics class and Layla. "Asher isn't even playing."

"So?" Layla shrugged. "We're the student co-presidents. We have to be at the games to support our school. It doesn't matter if your boyfriend is not in the game, Al."

"It matters to me." Allie huffed and wrapped her sweater around her shivering body. The cold autumn air was blowing and was causing Allie to get chills. "You wouldn't get it. You don't have a boyfriend. But..."

Layla sent Allie a death glare. "If you bring up Spencer one more time, I will gladly delete all of your social media profiles."

Allie gasped. On Instagram alone, she had 23 thousand followers. And no, she didn't buy them "Don't you dare."

Layla smirked at her best friend, knowing she had gotten Allie to shut up about the new kid just for a few minutes at most. "Try me."

Allie pulled out her phone and scrolled onto her snapchat stories. "So, who are we playing against? San Diego?"

Layla looked over at her best friend who wasn't paying any attention to the game that was actually happening before her blue eyes. "First of all, you can't say 'we' because all you're doing is sitting on your ass and using your unlimited data. They're playing Hawthorne. You would have known this if you paid any attention to the morning announcements."

"I would have paid attention if I wasn't too busy choosing banners for ho-co. Layla, I know you don't think I do anything that helps out for our school. But I do see." Allie pulled up the photo gallery on her phone and showed Layla pictures of the homecoming banners that she had hand-painted with the band nerds over lunch.

Layla looked actually impressed. "I thought you hated painting. Didn't you tell Mr. T it gave you cramps?"

"Yeah and that dumbass actually believed me. But, I wanted to do something that benefited not only my street cred but the team too."

"Aw. Allie you actually have a heart." Layla plucked a fake tear from her face and pulled the blonde into a hug.

"I know, I know." Allie fake cried with Layla as they pulled out of the hug. "Now tell me. Which uniform is our school? Blue or Green?"

Layla glared at her best friend because frankly, she wasn't sure if Allie was kidding or not. The girl always seemed to have her head in the clouds.

A while passed during the game, and the boys were still losing to the other team. Meanwhile, on the bench, Allie was freezing to death.

"Are they supposed to suck this much?" Allie shivered as she watched the Beverly football team literally get crushed to a pulp by the Hawthorne boys.

Layla only shook her head no.

"Wasn't Spencer brought to this team because he was a great player? Looks like everyone sucks. A terrible week for Ash to get hurt, yeah?" Allie said her thoughts aloud, mainly to herself but Layla was listening too.

"Literally an hour ago you had no interest in the sense of football at all, now you're suddenly invested in the team and it's winnings?"

"Uh, duh!" Allie scoffed. "Layla you don't get it. I'm student co-president. I should know, like, everything going on in the school. Including sports."

Layla opened her mouth, but nothing came out. Only the shake of her head made Allie realize that Layla was in disbelief.

Forty-Five seconds of the last quarter were left on the overhead clock. Beverly was losing to Hawthorne at a score of 20 to 17. If the team didn't score, things weren't going to look good for Spencer. Especially since he is the star player.