Are We Ready?- Shiv's POV

"Anika" I said with a smile.

I really want to call her avatar that.

"Ok" said Brahma Dev.

"Mahadev, you will be born on the day of Maha Ashtami of Navratri." Brahma Dev described our birth times. "And Devi Parvati, you will be born on Maha Shivratri, three years after Mahadev's birth day."

I and Gauri both nodded in agreement.

"So there will be three years on gap in our ages." Gauri asked to confirm.

"Yes" Brahma Dev said.

"How will they meet?" Lakshmi asked Brahma Dev.

That led to a discussion of everything about our avatar in details.

Then after some more discussions, they all departed. I and Gauri were left alone. We sat quietly facing each other for sometime.

"Gauri" I decided to break the silence.

"Yes, Swami?" She replied. Her dark eyes looking at me.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

I know you are.
But just confused to take a decision.

"Maybe. But do I have a choice? It's important for us and also for Earth. There must have been some hidden motive which I am not being able to understand." She said after a sigh.

My smart Gauri.
You understand everything so well.
There are somethings which you can't know right now.
But don't worry no matter what I will always be there for you.

"There is Gauri. And it's hidden from you for a reason." I said.

"I can understand" She said with a nod.

After sometime/ day, it was almost the time for us to depart. It was time for us to take our avatars and incarnate on Earth and start our journey.

I went to the lake, knowing that I will find Gauri there only.

She always goes there.
Whenever she is in some sort of dilemma.

She was sitting at the corner of the lake with her hands softly playing with the water.

I know what you are thinking Gauri,
And believe me you are ready.
It won't be easy for you.
But I am sure you will get through it.
Afterall you are my Shakti and you can't lose hope.

"You are losing your confidence from now only, Gauri" I interrupted her from her deep thoughts.

She didn't turn to look at me directly but instead stared at my reflection in the water.

"Maybe the effect of the curse had started already" She said with a fake smile.

Why that fake smile dear?

I walked closer and sat beside her.

"Don't worry just believe in us and our love" I said trying to calm her down. "We will pass this test of love somehow."

"I do but what if I am not able to recognize you" She said while trying to stop her tears from coming out.

Let your tears flow Gauri,
You will feel better.

"You will" I said as her tears flow from my eyes. "After all what is Shiv without his Shakti?"

"But this time, Shakti is leaving her shakti with Shiv only" She  said as she let her tears flow.

She suddenly hugged me tightly and started crying.

"This is just a test, Gauri just like you did penance to have me. It's a penance to remember me." I said tried to make her feel better.

"But this time, I won't remember anything, neither you nor our love" She complained as she wiped her tears.

"But there still be the feeling of having me around, there still be the feeling of knowing it's me. You will just have to understand it. And plus,we need to teach the people of KaliYug that what real love is " I said smiling at her complaints.

"Promise me, you will do everything to remind me. I won't remember anything, but you will remember everything and now it's will be your responsiblity to make me remember you." She said forwarding her hand.

"Promise. I will fulfil my responsiblity and we will reunite again."  I promised as I kept my hand on her hands. I  could feel the happiness in her.

And then we both stood up. We hugged for the last time.

"I will miss you" She said as we made an eye contact.

"I won't let you miss me" I said with a smirk,wanting to make her smile, and then kissed on her forehead.

That was the last thing needed before we depart.

We closed our eyes and departed from our abode.

To Be Continued

Author's Note-

In next part our Shiv-Parvati will incarnate on Earth.

The last part of this chapter was kind of inspired by the first two episodes of RadhaKrishna.

The previous chapter is of Parvati's POV, don't forget to read it, it contains Parvati's thoughts.

Insta Id- _the_crying_soul