The Beginning- Sagan's POV

The teacher was already in the class.

Not again!

"Sagan! You are late!" The teacher said in shock.

Yeah yeah
I am someone who is never late.

"Actually ma'am, Gargi ma'am had called me to talk about today's football match" I made an excuse.

"Oh. Ok sit down." She said and started teaching.

I went and sat beside Ali with Smriti sitting in front of us.

"Where were you gone, Sagan? " She whispered "I know that you were not with Gargi ma'am"

"I will tell you later" I whispered and then tried to focus on our dear ma'am was teaching.

But for a fact, I understood nothing.

Soon it was third period. Ali and I went to the field for our football match.

The match was Class 9 vs Class 10.Karun,a friend of mine, was the captain of my team.

I was talking with our P.T teacher regarding some stuffs about the match.

"Sagan, come fast yaar. We are going to start" Karun shouted at me.

The match started and my team was underperforming. Class 10 had made 3 goals while our score was 0.

"Sagan, what are you doing, man?" Ali shouted "You are our best player. All our hopes are from you only."

How can I tell you Ali?
This Sagan is nothing without his Anika.
This Shiv is nothing without his Parvati.
Without her being in my sight, I won't be able to score even 1 goal.
Without her supporting me, I won't be able to win in anything.

Suddenly the bell for lunch break ran.I smiled realising who is coming.

"Don't worry, Ali. I will show these seniors what are we made up of." I shouted back to him and turned towards the stairs of the church.

There was my Anika, sitting with Sweta. The smile on her face while she chatted with Sweta was enough for me.

And the game continued. No sooner we had already scored 3 goals. Two from me and one from Aryan( Yes he is a friend, too).

We got a two minutes break. I looked at Anika. She had stood up and was about to go.

I walked to her and was standing behind her now. She turned and was shocked to see me.

Her eyes, they still have the love for me in them.
Her face, again had the soft smile on seeing me.
The way her eyes call me,
Is enough for me to live my whole life just waiting for her.

I then looked at Sweta and with a smile asked "Can I get some water?"

Anika passed me her bottle. As I drank from it, I noticed Anika staring at my face.

He is almost an inch taller than me.

Yes I am dear.

I passed the bottle to her and then walked to play again.

This time, Anika was looking at me play more seriously and all her focus was on me.

And her presence, made me score one more goal. Now we were just one goal away from winning.

The lunch break got over and Anika left , not before we made an eye contact.

We did win the match but the last goal was made by Ali.

"Congratulations, Ali" I said while I shaked hands with him.

"Same to you, bro. You scored 3 goals today." He praised my skills.

That's not because of me,
That was because of Anika and her presence.
Even Gauri's presence is holy for her Shiv.

The crowd (students who were bunking) was cheering for our team.

That's when Smriti walked to me.

"Congrats, Sagan" She said with a smile. She looked a bit nervous.

"Thanks Smriti" I said with a fake smile.

Just say it, Smriti

"Sagan, listen" She said nervously "I want to break up with you"

"If that's what you want, I won't stop you" I said with an assuring smile and patted her shoulder and then walked towards Aryan, Ali, and some other boys.

"What happened?" Aryan asked.

"I am single, again" I said with a smile. "Ok guys, since we have won the match, I am giving you all a treat after school"

The guys started cheering.

"But you will have to pay for what you eat" I added.

"But Sagan that's not how---" Ali tried to intervene.

"Shh. No more talk. I have a class to attend" I said and ran to my classroom.

Author's Note

So here's the next two chapters after a long delay.

I am sorry for such a long break from this story.

I have posted two chapters so make sure youread both of them as both of them are very different from each other.

Do show your love to this story, as this is the closest to my heart.