The Beginning- Anika's POV

I reached my class on time and therefore didn't got any scolding.
I walked to the seat just behind the door.

Sweta was sitting there. She made me sit towards the wall and herself sat on the corner.

Sweta has been my friend since class 1.
We were best friends at one point of time but then people change.

On looking at us, sometimes you will feel that we are best of friends but sometimes it feels like we both are just stretching this friendship.

"Shambhavi, you know what?" She said as I sat down on the bench. "I got to know that Sagan is having a football match in the Tiffin period today."

Yeah, she likes Sagan.
That's why I don't want to have any feelings for him.
It's not like it will hurt her feelings or will affect our friendship.
I myself want this friendship to end.
But it's like she trusts me a lot and I know how it feels when your best friend betrays you.

"Oh. So you are gonna take me too there?" I asked feeling annoyed.

"Of course." She said just as our teacher entered the class.

It's not like that I hate Sagan or that I am annoyed with him.
It's just the feeling I get on seeing him is something I don't want to get.
I think I am getting a crush on him but it is a bit different than what I felt for my previous crushes.

I know I am just over thinking.

Soon it was lunch break. Sweta took me to the ground with our lunch.

We sat on the stairs of our school church from where we got the best view of the field.

Sagan had started playing.

"You know why I love him? He is so passionate about football, I wonder if he will truly like a girl, she will be the luckiest." She praised him.

"Love? Till yesterday you were confused if the feeling is just infatuation or is it love. Then how are you so sure today?" I asked with confusion as I finished my tiffin.

"When you are in love, you just get to know." She explained.

"And how does a twelve year old knows if it's love or not? Don't be silly, girl." I said standing up.

"I am going..." I turned and was shocked to Sagan standing just an inch away from me.

He looked at my face for a moment and then looked at Sweta.

"Can I get some water?" He asked while being full of sweat in this hot weather.

I passed him my bottle. And that smile of course came to my face. I was staring at his face.

There was something about him, about his face, about his smile, about his height....

What the ...
He is taller than me!!
Almost an inch.

He gave me my bottle and then again went to play.

I sat back at the stairs and this time actually watched him play.

He plays really well.
And he is really passionate about football.

My thoughts were broken by the sound of the bell.

"It's Sareli's period. We need to get back to the class before Sareli comes." I whispered to Sweta and then we hurried to our class.

That afternoon, when I returned home, I saw Aashi (my dear sister) and my mother waiting for me.

"Maa, why are you both looking at me like this?" I asked in a confused tone.

"Your Chachi and cousins have called us to come with them to the Dakhsineswar temple for a diya festival, tomorrow." Mummy told me in excitement.

"Do I really need to go? You know na I don't like spending time with Arshi Didi and Sirat Didi" I said in irritation.

"I told you maa that Di will make some or other excuse to not go." Aashi said.

"Choti, you have started speaking too much" I said in annoyance and went to the room to change my clothes.

They don't understand me.
I really don't like spending time with Arshi and Sarit.
They just behave so oddly with me and Choti as if they are jealous of us for something.
But why will they be jealous of us? They have almost everything better than us.
They are smarter.
They are richer.
They have a better family.

I changed my clothes and lay on the bed with my eyes closed.

Author's Note

So here's the next two chapters after a long delay.

I am sorry for such a long break from this story.

I have posted two chapters so make sure you read both of them as both of them are very different from each other.

Do show your love to this story, as this is the closest to my heart.