Chapter 6

sorry to keep you waiting on this. it might feel rushed because there ae a lot of scenes i'm skipping, and i might add them in the final book but this is it for now. in like a chapter or two, the whole thing will be completed. hope you like this :)

     His head ponding woke him up first, and he wondered if he was in a hospital or dying. He whimpered at the pain and held still, muddling through his thoughts for what exactly had happened to him. Only…

     He didn’t remember.

     Corey frowned, even though that small twitch hurt his head, and tried harder. He could remember…being late to work. He was late and Dresden came to his place. He grimaced a little at that, and he wondered who had given him his address. After he had gone to work, had an encounter with Kirby and then Dresden…

     He had gone to Dresden’s loft. His eyes snapped open when that thought hit him, and he found himself in an odd room. He had been drinking, which in hindsight explained why the inside of his mouth felt like something nasty had crawled in and died. Did Dresden give him a ride home or something…?

     But even as he thought it, Corey realised it was impossible, because no room in his apartment was so black and white, with heavy emphasis on the black. And he never slept nude, and his bed sheets were never quite this soft and he didn’t normally have equally naked men lying in his bed in the morning…

     Corey’s eyes widened as it occurred to him exactly whose bed he was in and who was in it with him. He jerked, trying to move, and it was a stupid idea because his head exploded, and it felt like something was trying to poke out his eye from the inside of his head. He forcefully bit back a curse, willing his headache to subside. He also realised he couldn’t move, and in the next second he realised why.

     He was lying on his stomach with his head facing the side, a heavy forearm draped over his waist and an equally heavy thigh on both of his. He was good and pinned, with barely any wiggle room. He was still trying to fill in some blanks, and the memory loss made him slightly panicky.

     It took some effort to manoeuvre out from under the heavy limbs holding him down and sit up, his eyes squeezed shut to quell the pain in his head. He was achy in a lot of places, and he felt his cheeks flush as he settled on his ass where most of it came from. Slowly, he opened his eyes, and they went wide again.

     Dresden Weiss’ apartment may be all monochrome, but his bed certainly broke that. It was a large king size, at least twice his own bed, with the dark blue and blood red silk sheets that he definitely remembered from the previous night.

     A memory broke into his thoughts of Dresden lying naked on his back, framed in all that red and the blue sneaking out underneath, with Corey in his lap whimpering and moaning as he rode-

     Fuck! Which, really, was exactly what he’d been doing with Dresden, all night, and Corey really couldn’t believe he’d done that. No wonder his body felt sore. Had Dresden gotten him drunk on purpose?

     Holding back the urge to curse, shooting a quick look over his shoulder that lasted a little longer than he’d planned when his eyes paused to map Dresden’s bared arm and muscled chest, his expression relaxed and so approachable in sleep, his red hair so artfully tousled around his face…Corey had to force himself to look away and look around. Clothes were strewn around the bed on the floor and there was a nightstand on his side of the bed.

     There was a pill and a glass of what he thought was water on it, a thin, square piece of cardboard covering the top of the glass. He eyed it suspiciously, but the headache was a bitch and he couldn’t go anywhere with it, so he reached for the pill and the water. He swallowed it quickly, holding it down when the water tried to come back up his throat and just sat for a second to wait for the headache and the nausea to settle.