Chapter 8

wow, i'm so sorry. i know its been a seriously long time and i should be ashamed of myself, but i had good reason. my internet is whack and i didn't have access to my computer for the past couple of weeks. sorry this is so late, but i at least have the few remaining chapters planned. i have finals coming up, but i can maybe post one before December, and what may be the last chapter in the first week of Dec. thank you to anyone who's read this. drop me a line if you liked it :)

p.s, this chapter is unedited, as is most of the story. i'd like to edit everything, though no one needs to read it twice, but i'm thinking i should focuss on finishing it first.

     Corey sat still as Dresden treated the scored flesh of his arms, where Sean had dug his nails a little too deep when he was trying to get away. He had no idea how long he had been sitting there or when Sean had left, and the time gaps made him worried because it meant he was in shock. A dull throb in the side of his head kept him still as Dresden worked quickly and efficiently, taking care of him. He was surprised Dresden would bother, but he was grateful for it anyway.

     Really, though, it was odd. By all rights he should be running far away from Dresden Weiss, if not for all his other issues at the very least for the same reason Sean had chosen to run. Because Corey could still remember his first glance of Dresden the second he heard the other man in his apartment, threatening his ex. Corey had known, of course, that Dresden was a werewolf, but seeing is believing, right?

     For all that he knew the fact; Dresden had never actually looked like what he was, though he often acted it. But when Corey had managed to turn his head and his eyes had cleared enough for him to see, he’d gone still in shock at the image Dresden made.

     He was dressed in another of his expensive suits, Versace this time in pinstripe black with a white shirt made of something soft and a matching black and white striped tie, the cuffs held with gold and silver cufflinks, and the coat held in a strangle-hold in one of his large hands. His hair was dishevelled, though, like he’d come in a hurry, his tie not properly done and his body still in that unsettling way, like a predator poised to lunge at intended prey.

     For a second, Corey hadn’t been sure between him and Sean who was the prey, and then he had caught the other man’s eyes. They weren’t their usual blue, instead a deep gold-brown that made his pupils look smaller than they should have been, and the savage look in  them…that look that told you he saw you as food and if you didn’t run away as fast as you could he’d be on you and turning you into a meal. And not in the good way; but with so much blood and meat and torn flesh and ripped limbs.

     Something had happened then and he didn’t remember what, but Sean was gone and he was allowing Dresden to touch him, and that was weirder than Dresden wanting to without the intent to harm or fuck.

     Stranger still was how agreeable he was to the touch. After the way he’d reacted to Sean, he should be fighting Dresden off. But the other man’s touch was more than just welcome; it was soothing, and he was swamped again with that feeling of safety in Dresden’s presence; foolish, seeing as he’d been hiding from the man to begin with.

     “Did he hurt you anywhere else?” the words were clipped and in that low, growly tone he’d used with Sean. Corey bit his lip and didn’t move, sensing how close Dresden was to his limit, the animal half of him so close beneath the surface. In spite of his curiosity, Corey really did not want to see Dresden’s wolf form up close and personal in his suddenly small-seeming apartment.

     “I’m fine,” he murmured after a few seconds, keeping his eyes on his bandaged forearm as his other arm was finished up. There was a huff beside him, just a sharp release of air, but he tensed, though he wasn’t really worried.