Chapter 9

I slowly come to, my head a pounding swirl of thoughts begging to let lose. I am strapped to a chair with what looks like a burlap sac on my head. A classy move if I say so myself. I hear footsteps leading up to my cell. the steps stop right in front of me and the sac is ripped from my head and I see the face I never wanted to see again. "Taylor, nice of you to join us again." Kegan smirked. I blew a piece of hair from my face, "My name is Mia, not some made-up name you gave me." I growl at Kegan. "Oof, she has bite! Too bad, that wont last you long here, daughter." Kegan's smirk became a scowl. "Do you know why your here, Taylor?" Using the name like poison. "No Kegan, I do not, you filthy bastard." I smirk back at him. He brings his hand across my face, leaving my face a stinging betrayal. "You do not call me by my first name, but by my title 'Alpha'" Growls Kegan. I laugh, a hollow sound. "You'll never be an Alpha, no matter how hard you try, you never  will." I laugh, like it is some inside joke. "Beta Johnathan, lock her up. No one from her new pack will remember her face." Kegan orders "Yes Alpha." and with that Kegan twirls on his heel and marches out the door while I'm man handled back into my cell. I scream with every thing I have left, tears tracking down my face. This will not be my end I promise myself.

       I swore I would protect Mia, Now that Grace and Daniel just handed her over to the monster called her father. "Alpha, they left their old pack grounds, Mia is nowhere to be found." My Beta, Greg informs me. I stand up and hurl my desk cracking a hole in the wall. "Where did you lose her scent?" I growl lowly. "That's the thing, We never picked up her scent." Greg says backing up a few feet. "That's not possible." Is all I say, shocked. "Sir it's the truth."  Greg answers. "You may go," I say and Greg all-but scrambles from the room. I start pacing and thinking how to get Mia back. You'll never get her back, you know this. Says Kegan's amused voice. "Shut up. I'll come for you and rip your throat out!" I yell. I don't hear the voice again and I put my fist through the nearest wall, letting all my anger out on a wall.

Grace's POV:

Kegan will love me now, I'll replace his filthy mate who does not deserve the strongest Alpha in New York. My mate, Daniel, his death will not be at my hands but Mia's. She'll kill him, her little debt for me. My heels clicking away at the tile as I make my way to Mia's glorified dump called her room. I open the door and Mia just glares at me. I smirk at her. "I have something for you to do, for me." I say uninterested, I mean why would I be. "I wont do anything for you, your the reason why I am here." she retaliates. "Sweetie, I don't like you. I mean who would? A Nothing." I say whilst bending down to her level. "Then what do you want? Money? Food? Someone to bother?" Mia tests. " I want you to kill Daniel, my mate so I can have Kegan and become Luna." I say getting straight to the point. She seems revolted. good. "No I wont do it so you can Slum-it with Kegan, and you become more than what you are." Mia growls. I grab her face through the bars, "Then enjoy the fun in killing someone." I say. I let go of her face and spin on my heel, prancing from the glorified room.

A/N

Hey y'all, kinda short chapter here but I'll update again tomorrow so stay tuned.