Chapter 4

Miss Jackson's P.O.V

I looked at the weather forecast on my phone. Sighing, I stripped off my jeans which were certainly going to be too hot, and put on a skirt instead. I glanced down at my phone and realised that if I didn't hurry, I would be late. grabbing an apple and rushed out of the door.

I clicked the button on my car key, so my mini convertible unlocked. I paused for a second, as my key ring caught my eye. A picture my dad had taken on holiday at Disneyland Paris, of me and my mum. I really must take that off.

As I drove to work, I tried to cheer myself up a little, I loved my job. I had a nice house, little, but nice. Compared to others i had an amazing life so what right do I have to be down about not being lucky in the family department?

I parked my car and climbed out, trying to ignore the wolf whistles from the year 10 boys sitting on the fence, probably stoned. Apparently if you fake a smile, it will become real. I really hope this works because as a teacher, I can't let my personal life affect my job.

And the fake smile went up.

Finishing the last bit of grading for my year 8 glass, I pulled off my glasses and glanced at the clock on the wall.  12:03, There was a couple of minutes until the second bell, my year 13s would be arriving any minute so I decided to stand outside to welcome them in.

After a few students wandered in, I noticed Jamie and Katy approaching. Quickly smoothing down my skirt and fixing my hair, I smiled at them. Katy looked up as her gaze immediately went to my legs. Jamie, surprise surprise, was staring at my chest.

"Good morning Jamie, Katy" I smiled. Katy looked up quickly and blood rushes to her cheeks as she realised I caught her eyeing me up.

She was so god damn cute when she was nervous.

"I think you'll find it's afternoon miss" she smirked, slipping into my classroom. Leaving me shocked at her sudden surge of confidence.

I looked across to Katy and Jamie, they simply had not stopped messing around this lesson. If I had been in a good mood I may have let them off with a warning, however they were really beginning to irritate me.

Especially Katy.

All I could hear was her giggling as she chatted away to Jamie and played with his hair, oblivious to my lesson.

And me.

Jamie shoved her playfully. A little too hard, she topped off her seat and landed on the floor

I marched over there to discover that Katy had done little to no work, and after confronting her about it, decided I would let her off this time.

"What's her problem?" I heard her whisper.

How dare she? I didn't have a problem, and if I did, it was non of her business. I took a deep breath and as calmly as I could, I turned and said "detention after class Katy"

I saw the colour drain from her cheeks and she sulked and looked down to her book with guilt. A part of me felt sorry for upsetting her. Was I too harsh? No. This was my class and she must respect me.

The bell rang loudly, as all of my students immediately jumped up and rushed out of the door. All except one.

I looked up to see Katy standing in front of my desk, fiddling nervously with the hem of her grey pleated skirt. Her dark blonde waves fell forward as she looked down, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Katy" I simply said, to direct her attention to me. She looked up at me, her soft brown eyes almost golden in the sunlight that was creeping past my curtains.

"Y-yes Miss?" Her slower lip trembled slightly. Her lips looked so soft. I immediately felt guilty as I saw her vulnerable she looked.

"I'm sorry I embarrassed you, I was too harsh" I admitted

She looked back up at me, shocked. "You're sorry? I was the one causing a scene"

I sighed gently. "Well, yes, you were. But I overreacted, however you do need to respect me and the classroom environment in future. You come here to learn, you can fondle Jamie anytime you like" I cringed straight away at my choice of words. Fondle!? I'm not a jealous teenager again am I?

"Yes miss, I'm sorry" she said quietly. I looked in her eyes, they were genuine.

"Well seeing as you are here, we might as well go over the part of the lesson missed" I said, pulling out the chair next to me as a hint for her to sit down.

She gently placed her bag on the floor and sat next to me. I placed my copy of the play in between us and began to re-explain what I had done in class.

Suddenly, I felt her knee gently brush with mine. I felt tingles all the way up my leg, stopping in my tracks. She looked up at me, confused as to why I had stopped explaining however I was lost for words. We both realised how close we were and neither of us made an attempt to move.

She gently bit her soft pink lip, drawing my gaze to her mouth as we sat about an inch apart.

"Juliet have you finished marking the-" a teacher burst into my room, causing Katy and I to immediately jump apart.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realise you had a student with you, I'll come back later" she said, embarrassed, retreating out of my room.  I chuckled gently to myself.

"Juliet?" Katy whispered with a hint of amusement

Sighing gently, I shook my head. "Fitting for an English teacher isn't it"

Katy smiled sweetly "it suits you" she murmured

I felt my cheeks flush, despite my desperate efforts to keep my composure.

What was this girl doing to me?

The bell rang loudly, as Katy picked up her bag and took a few steps backwards towards the door

"I'll see you tomorrow, Juliet" she said with a playful smile

"That's Miss Jackson to you Katy" I smirked, raising my eyebrows at her

"We'll see"