Chapter 9

Katys POV

It had been almost a week since the incident in miss Jackson's room and I hadn't seen her since, partly my fault, partly not. She had been off ill for a few days and then I decided to skip her lesson yesterday to go to McDonald's as I assumed she would not be there. I was wrong. But I knew she was here today and I would have to face her.

I looked in the mirror and released a slightly disappointed sigh, I was not looking my best today. I scraped my dark blonde hair into a messy bun, hoping I could pass it off as cute or kinda hot rather than looking like a slob. I chucked my gold hoops on at a last effort to save my appearance before leaving. The weather had perked up slightly although there was still a slight unexpected chill about the light breeze that was brushing my face.

As I approached her classroom I couldn't help but smile slightly, I wondered if she would keep me behind after class. I wanted her. I needed her. I longed for the feel of her body on mine, her lips on mine. I felt my cheeks getting slightly warm so tried to brush off the thoughts in my head.

Miss Jackson stood at her doorway welcoming students in as usual, she seemed dressed slightly too summery for the weather, in a short white sundress. But of course I was not complaining. I approached her classroom waiting for her to notice me, but she didn't. I walked right up to her trying to conceal the smile creeping across my cheeks but she looked straight through me at the student behind me. Puzzled, I walked past into her classroom. I set my bag down and took a seat, did I really look that awful this morning? Maybe she truly hadn't seen me.

We were 40 minutes into the class and I was slightly mad. Not once had she even glanced my way. The only acknowledgement of my existence was when she called my name on the register, but even then it was in a slightly colder voice and she did not tear her eyes away from her computer while waiting for my answer. What had I done wrong. I raised my hand.

"Yes?" She said, no emotion in her voice whatsoever. She looked at my hand in the air but still not into my eyes.

"What does Shakespeare mean by this quote?" I asked, pointing at my copy of the play. I knew exactly what he meant. She sighed gently and walked slowly over to me and placed her hand on the book.

"Shakespeare is trying to convey the conflicting emotions Juliet is experiencing with regards to whether to stay loyal to her family or whether to follow her heart and love Romeo" she didn't once take her eyes off the book. Although not sweet and flirty like she normally was with me, her voice was still smooth and as sweet as honey. Her dainty hand with perfectly manicured baby blue nails resting on the book right next to mine. I gently moved my hand closer so my fingers began to entangle with hers.

Miss Jackson quickly pulled her hand off the book and turned around abruptly

"Does anyone else have any questions?"

They did not, so she returned to her desk. And then the bell rang. Everyone jumped up.

"Right that's the end of this lesson, you may have a five minute break but for heavens sake please don't be late back" most students had already made their way out of the classroom. I walked gingerly to her desk yet she still did not look at me, she continued to scribble notes in her red pen on a students essay. I leant forwards over her desk and slammed my hands down on the piece of paper so she had no choice but to stop

"Do you mind I'm trying to mark" she said bluntly, and for the first time in almost a week she looked up at me, her icey blue eyes holding no emotion.

"Why have you been ignoring me"

"I haven't"

I laughed slightly, sarcastically. "Come on Juliet"

"Miss Jackson" she corrected sternly. I took a deep breath and gently cupped her face with my hand, tilting her head up.

"What's changed" my voice caught in my throat slightly, I hoped she hadn't noticed. Juliet pushed her chair back and moved away from my hand.

"Katy I hope to not speak of the events of last week again, and from now on I am your teacher you are my student, I am miss Jackson to you and that is that" this authority and dominance would have turned me on if there wasn't a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I blinked them back

"Noted" I simply said. I wanted to cry, I wanted to ask her why but I didn't. I just nodded gently and left her classroom.

I sat on a brick wall behind the English block. Tracing the dirty bricks with my fingers absent minded when someone jumped up beside me.

"Why so glum?" Asked a sweet voice, I turned to see a tanned pretty but slightly concerned face framed by long glossy chestnut hair, Michelle

"Just a long day" I replied

"It's only 10AM" she giggled

"Precisely"

She fumbled around in her bag and pulled out a packet of cigarettes and placed one between her teeth

"Want one?"

I had never smoked before and never intended to so I don't know why but I nodded and took one. She pulled out a lighter and lit them both. I inhaled deeply only to instantly begin coughing and spluttering. Michelle failed at attempting to bite back her laugh. I decided to take smaller breaths to avoid any more coughing so I wouldn't look even lamer.

"Shit we were meant to be back in lesson 5 minutes ago" she exclaimed, jumping down from the wall and putting her cigarette out with her shoe, I did the same. We walked towards the English classroom together.

"Wait" I stopped, grabbing her hand "let's not go" She smiled

"Okay" I saw miss Jackson watching us from her window so I didn't let go, we turned and miss Jackson watched us walk away hand in hand.