Chapter 18

Juliets POV
I felt a shooting pain through my head. The warm fuzzy comforting feeling I was used to had gone and now all that was left was the sharp throbbing in my skull.

My eyelids felt heavy and my hands began to twitch. I felt something tighten around my left hand but I wasn't sure what. Slowly my eyes began to drift open and I saw a girl sat beside me with dark blonde hair and teary brown eyes.

"Katy?" I murmured, but before I could process any thing else she threw herself onto me and buried her face in my neck. I took a deep breath and inhaled her sweet vanilla scent. I'd missed that smell.

"I'm so so sorry Juliet" she sobbed.

"Hey, hey" I whispered, using my frail hand to push her away slightly so I could look into her teary blotchy eyes. "You have nothing to be sorry for"

Katy wiped the salty tears from her face and smiled weakly before planting a soft kiss on my lips.

"I was so scared I thought I'd lost you" she whispered, trembling.

"You could never lose me"

Katy gently sat on the edge of my bed before laying down and settling beside me on my hospital bed, nuzzling into my neck.

"Be careful Katy, anyone could walk in" I warned her. She looked up at me, confused.

"So?"

"So even though I've just woken from a coma, It's still illegal for us to be together" I said. She giggled to herself

"Technically you're not my teacher anymore as someone has taken over for your absence" she grinned

"Okay but you're still a minor Katy we could still land ourselves into a little trouble"

"Ah now that's where you're wrong miss Jackson, I turned 18 six days ago." I saw the flicker of hope in her eyes.

"Okay but before you get too carried away, if we are going to do this we need to do it right and carefully, we can't let anyone know that anything was going on before." I warned

"Okay" she sighed "anyway you need to rest at the minute, not stress over things we don't need to stress over."

"Who said I'm stressing?" I teased, tapping her nose lightly with my index finger.

"Oh shush you" she laughed, settling back down on my shoulder.

"I've missed you so much"