Chapter 11

Miss Jackson's POV

I had upset her

Oh god she was hurt now

Doesn't give her the right to behave that way towards me in class or to skip it to hang out with some skinny brunette.

I was a bitch to her though. Maybe I handled it wrong, my intentions were good but maybe I should have tried a different way

Anyway I had bigger problems

I sat at my kitchen table, drinking my coffee. Hopefully this would wake me up a bit after 2 hours sleep. I ignored the bowl of cereal I had poured 7 minutes earlier. I couldn't stomach it.

I picked up the yellow post-it note I had found on my car windshield 4 days earlier and reread the scrawny black writing as if the words weren't already engraved into my brain. I sighed and cast it aside. Can't be late for work.

I walked through the empty corridor towards my classroom. School didn't start for another 10 minutes so the only sound was my dragging footsteps.

And faster ones behind me

The footsteps got faster and louder until a hand grabbed my arm and yanked me towards it, shoving my into the wall

"What the-"

"What's your problem!?" A figure stood in front of me and it took a second for my eyes to adjust to see the blonde haired figure standing in front of me, but I knew that feisty voice.

"What's my problem?" I laughed lightly trying to mask the anger in my voice "why did you play up in class the other day? Why did you skip my lesson?" I paused "why Michelle?" I added, slightly quieter. Katy's fiery eyes softened slightly and she took a step backwards.

For a split second she looked vulnerable and innocent

Before the walls went back up and her expression hardened again

"Why do you care?" She asked slightly mockingly

"You are in my lessons to learn and I don't expect to be disrespected in this way"  I stared right back at her "so do not try and make a fool out of me Katy" I said sternly

"Oh you don't want me to make a fool out of you Juliet?" She mocked

"Miss Jackson to you" I corrected firmly "now please stop acting like a child and either wait for 5 minutes out here or go away and come back, either way I expect you to behave as any other student when that bell rings and I expect you to respect me as your teacher. Do I make myself clear?"

Katy stared back at me silently, refusing to break eye contact. I realised I wasn't going to get an answer so I walked past her, her shoulder gently bumping mine as I did so. I opened my classroom door and stepped inside, refusing to glance back at the girl staring at me.

5 minutes went by and my students began coming in, but no little feisty blonde haired madam. She must have gone for a walk to cool down.

Another 5 minutes went by and I realised katy wasn't coming, I looked to the seat a row across from her to see Michelle's seat also empty, again.

A lump rose to my throat but I brushed the thought away and stood up the begin my lesson when the door opened.

The tall tanned brunette walked in, but no Katy.  The lump disappeared slightly, Katy might be mad at me but she's not with Michelle.

"Sorry I'm late miss, my sister had a doctors appointment" Michelle said quietly

"Your sister?" I questioned

Michelle nodded, and sat in her seat.

The lump returned.

I hadn't seen Katy all day, it didn't surprise me that much that she skipped my lesson however I made an excuse at lunch to walk through the cafeteria and I saw no silky dark blonde hair in the lunch queue.

Very unlike Katy

I must have really really hurt her

I got in my car to drive home but all I could think about was her.

This was for her own good. So why did I feel so bad? Maybe it was the way I handled it. She has a short temper but she will come round eventually.

I reached my house and got out of my car, walking towards my house when I glanced up at the front door.

My heart stopped

I reached up and pulled off the yellow sticky note

The same black scrawny writing

The same words as before except the first word was underlined this time

"Stop fooling around with your students"