The Peace

After the day Heechul had to deal with all the mess that happen to his family, he know had to once again in his disguise.

The middle child of the Kim had to attend his father funeral. Worrying about the younger mental state worsened if he were to left alone, Heechul and Hangeng decided to accompany Yesung to the family funeral.

Clad with black suit, it was too obvious the bandages and injury sustained by the heir of the family. Still with his head wrapped with white bandage and sprained leg, Yesung had to be push by a wheelchair.

Heechul had fully trusted their cousin, Leeteuk who willing to push Yesung around as he didn’t want the crowd to realize who he was beneath the mask and the hat. Disguising himself as a nurse who had taken care of Yesung temporarily,he managed to fool the oblivious cousin. Watching from the back row of the crowds, he saw how emotionless Yesung was when Leeteuk push him towards the mother who was still in her loss.

Feeling the shaken coming from their intertwined hands, Hangeng softly rubbing the palm of the nervous husband. Assuring him as they already reminding Yesung to not act hastily at the funeral.

“He’ll be fine. Trust him” whisper Hangeng softly.

The latter only nod and had his full focus on the wheelchair man. Soon it was time for the mother to do some speech on the behalf of injured son and her wrecked family.

“Thank you for coming today… it was still too…much for us to face this reality. My husband, Kim Jaeun. Was a dad and a good husband to us. One day after my son got into an accident that was almost took away his life from us, we had to face another.. unfortunate event… I.. I’m so sorry.. I can’t do this…” Yoojin walks away from the crowd.

The overwhelming feelings of knowing they were at fault for everything had finally open her eyes. Maybe too wide for the truth. She saw the dead eyes given by her son while listening to her speech. The soul piercing gaze had her broke down from continuing the lies she about to speak in front of the innocent crowds. It was too much, knowing how she’s literally was a survivor from being killed by the mental breakdown child who she love the most.

Of course she heard it. Heechul had call her night before the funeral about Yesung’s condition. It broke her heart to know how broken her son had become for all the mental abuse they had gave to him all his life. Thinking it could help their family to become the perfection they had always aim for. That was when the mistake happen. There’s no such thing as perfect life.

.

The crowd begin to dismissed after the wife to the dead husband never come back to attend the last burial. All had been handled by the others who willing to give a space for the mourning wife.

Leeteuk who had been pushing around Yesung’s wheelchair never once ask the younger about everything that happen. Thinking the younger were mourning for the loss.

He keep pushing Yesung back for the ‘nurse’ who waiting far from the crowd. Leeteuk smile toward Heechul and kneel right in front of the quiet Yesung.

“Hey. If you ever need someone to talk with, you can call Hyung anytime you want. Hyung will come right away, okay? Don’t trouble the nurses here and be a good boy.” said Leeteuk with a warm smile. The smile become brighter when Yesung return it with a small nod.

The older stood away from Yesung and bid them a farewell. Walk away to his own family who now with the grieving mother.

Once Heechul got Yesung inside his car, he finally can sigh in relief for nothing had happen. Not one bit he felt something about the grieving mother, alas the said parent had thrown him away when he was too confused with his own sexuality.