Frayed

The loud piercing sound of Coaches whistle made me jump in my seat. Boy, do I hate bus rides. Sighing, I turned around to see my two best friends. "Yo Scotty, are you with me?", Stiles asked as he clicked his fingers in front of his face. Snapping back into reality he replied, "yeah, yeah...um... what's the next word?". I wonder what's on his mind.
"Okay, incongruous".
"Can you say it in a sentence?".
"Yes, yes I can".
"It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross country meet after what just happened", I interrupted with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, what Y/N said", Stiles pointed at me, "incongruous". "Something out of place. Ridiculous, absurd", Scott breathed through his nose. "Well done Scotty", I laughed. Giving me an eye roll, he leaned back in his seat. "Next word; Darach", Stiles said out of the blue, making Scott shoot up instantly. "Darach, a noun...Darach", Stiles pressed. With a side eye, the werewolf tried his best to ignore his hyperactive best friend. "Scott, we have to talk about it sometime soon", I said softly, a small smile present on my lips. "She's right, we're gonna be stuck in this thing for like 5 hours, so why not?", Stiles reasoned as he waved his hands around. No reply. Something was wrong with Scott, I could sense it. Clearing his throat his best friend continued his study session, "Next word; intransigent".
"Stubborn ob-".
The rattling of the vehicle interrupted him as it hit a bump. Groaning in pain, Scott grabbed his side. "Hey, Scott are you okay?", I asked, swinging my legs so I was fully facing them from their right. A small whimper was what I got in reply. "We shouldn't have come", stressed Stiles, "I knew it, we shouldn't have come". "We had too", Scott deeply breathed, "there's safety in numbers".
"Yeah but there's also death in numbers, Scott. It's called a massacre".
Concern grew inside of me as the werewolf drifted off, his head leaned against the window. "Scott?", I asked leaning forward, nearly off my seat. No reply yet another groan in pain. "Alright I'm telling Coach to stop", declared Stiles. "No, no, no, no. I'm fine", insisted the werewolf.
"You don't look alright, just let me see it".
"No, dude".
The pair shuffled around as Stiles tried his best to see the injury. After more struggling and protesting, I grew impatient. Standing up, I leaned over Stiles and threw Scott's shirt up. "Scott...", I said as I looked up at him. "I know it looks bad", he replied, letting his shirt fall back over the deep scratch marks, "It's because they're from an alpha, it'll take longer to heal". Shaking his head Stiles sighed, "how come Boyd and Issac are fine then?". "He's right", I said before awkwardly getting off Stiles' legs and sitting back in my seat. I looked at the two werewolves who seemed completely fine, not a single part of them hurt. With his head against the window, Scott was zoning out again. "I can't believe he's dead", he almost cried, "I can't believe Derek is dead".

*queue title sequence*

"Jared, seriously, car sick?", Coach moaned as he walked down the bus, "look at me, wait, no don't look at me, look at the horizon

"Jared, seriously, car sick?", Coach moaned as he walked down the bus, "look at me, wait, no don't look at me, look at the horizon. Jeep your eyes on the horizon". Poor Jared. Turing his head Coach whined, "McCall not you too". Slowly opening his eyes, Scott shifted in his seat before replying, "no coach I'm good". That was a lie. "Hey Scott, you're bleeding again", Stiles said as he pointed to his stomach. "Maybe we should stop", I suggested, giving my friend a worried look. Completely ignoring us, the brunette werewolf stared off in front of him. "He's listening", he breathed through the pain. Following his line of vision, I saw one of the alpha twins, his ear turned toward us- very obviously listening. "Well is he gonna do something?", I asked curiously. "Not in front of this many people", Scott replied. "What about the two ticking time bombs sitting right near them?", Stiles said as he waved his finger around, mentioning to where the betas were. "Subtle, Stiles, subtle", I said sarcastically while moving forward slightly. "No they won't", Scott reassured, "not here". "Well if they do, how are you gonna stop them?", questioned his best friend. " Well, I'll have to. Plus, Y/N knows how to take them down". I gave my wolf friend a wink and smile for his comment.