visionary

"They were there for two days", Cora said as she stared out of the window, "it's what we do when hunters find us, hide and heal". "Okay, so is two days standard then or is Derek on some extended getaway?", Stiles said sarcastically as he waved his hand around. "Why do you care?", questioned Cora, turning around. "Why do we care?", I spoke up, "well, lets see, over the past few weeks my best friend has tried to kill himself, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed the girl Stiles knew was ritually sacrificed, Boyd was killed by Alphas. Do you want me to keep going? Cause I can for like an hour". Stiles nodded in agreement, we needed Derek back. "Do you think Derek can do anything about that?", Cora said as she walked closer to us. "Well, if he's the one everyone's after then it seems he should do something about it", Stiles commented. "I don't know there's something different about him now, he wasn't like this...", she trailed off. "What wasn't he like?", I asked, folding my arms. A light tapping came from the stairs as a shadow descended down them. I rolled my eyes at the figure that came into view. Peter. "A lot like Scott actually", he said coming to the last step, "a lot like most teenagers, unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers". As he walked over to us, my dislike deepened for the man. "So what happened? What changed him?", I questioned growing impatient. "Well the same thing that changes a lot of young men", the ex-alpha replied, looking between all of us, "a girl". Stiles gave me a side glance before speaking, "you're telling me some girl broke his little heart, that's why Derek is the way he is". Sighing, I rubbed my temple with my hand, this is going to be a long night. "Do you remember Derek before he was an alpha?", Peter asked as he leaned against the table, "he had blue eyes. Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?". I shrugged, "I always thought it was genetic thing". "If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the colour of his eyes", he said, a glint of sadness in his face- something uncommon.

*Queue title sequence*

"Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then how old was he?", Stiles asked from beside me

"Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then how old was he?", Stiles asked from beside me. Peter was now telling us the story of Paige and Derek, while Scott and Allison try and get information from Gerrard. "How old were you?", he questioned with a raised eyebrow, "how old are you now?". "Not as young as we could have been", Peter replied snarkily, "not as old as you might think". "Okay well that was frustratingly vague", I commented before turning to Cora, "how old are you?". Sighing she replied, "I'm 17". "See that's an answer", Stiles stated, "that's how we answer people". A smirk crossed her face, "well, 17 in how you measure yea-". She was cut off by an annoyed Stiles, "okay I'm just gonna drop it". Laughing slightly, I asked, "so what happened with Derek and the cello girl?". "What do you think? They're teenagers, one minute it's I hate you the next it's frantic loping in any dark corner they could find themselves in for 5 minutes".

"Their favourite dark corner was an abandoned distillery on the upside of Beacon Hills", Peter explained. "Alright hold up, how do you know all this?", Stiles interrupted, "you just said they were alone". "Back then I wasn't just Derek's uncle, I was his best friend", Peter replied, sitting forward in his chair.