117

Cold rain hit my head, leaking down my face as we waited for younger Derek to be carried inside the animal clinc. Running over to the vet, he cleared the table, the contents smashing on the floor. Laying Derek down, he marvelled at the sight. "Wow", Deaton spoke, eyes wide. "Wow?", Stiles questioned, "wow as in i've seen this before and know exactly what to do kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we're hoping for". The adult shook his head, "i think you're overestimating my abilities". Lydia scooped Derek's hand in hers, gasping from the touch, "he's cold, really cold". Instantly testing for himself, Deaton grabbed his other hand, eyebrows furrowed. "Do you think this is permanent?", i pondered as the vet checked over the young wolf. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate", he replied, "this is well beyond my experience". "So, what do we do then?", Scott asked. "Till he wakes up, probably not much", Deaton replied, flailing his arms up and down, "it's best to leave him with me, he'll be safe here".
"You mean from kate", Stiles spoke.
"If she's alive and she is a werejaguar then she won't be able to pass that gate".
"Why would she want to do something like this to him?", Lydia quizzed.
"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her".
I sighed, leaning against Stiles' shoulder. "You guys should go home, he doesn't seem to be in any danger", Deaton insisted, starting to raise his brows, "get some sleep, it is a school night".
I blinked my eyes a few times, just the mention of sleep made me want to curl up in bed. "You need to start taking care of your own lives again", the wise adult almost ordered. "One of us should stay with you", Scott suggested. Glancing down at her hand in Derek's, Lydia met the wolf's eyes, "I'll stay, my grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes".
He gave her a smile, "give us a text if anything happens".
Taking my weight off Stiles, i turned around with Scott and him and left the clinic, ready for a good nights rest.

*queue title sequence*

Mr Yukimura rambled on about some president and to be honest, i was taking no notice

Mr Yukimura rambled on about some president and to be honest, i was taking no notice. Drawing in my notebook, i saw the whole class put up their hands, except Malia. Turning to Stiles he gave me a quick wink before the teacher called on Malia to answer his question that i paid no attention to.

 Turning to Stiles he gave me a quick wink before the teacher called on Malia to answer his question that i paid no attention to

Buzzing, my phone rang on my desk. "Y/N", Mr Y scolded, "phones of in class". Nodding, i briefly saw Lydias contact name before i turned the gadget off, hoping it was nothing important. "Malia, one of our greatest presidents?", Mr Y continued, clasping his hands together and waiting patiently as she began to flick through her books. Beeping, Stiles' phone slightly shifted on the wood in front of him. "Phones off, all of you". Squinting at his gadget, Stiles' brows furrowed. Another buzz, "i said phones off!". "Dad, that was yours", Kira said, a small smile on her face. "Oh", the teacher turned around and held it in his hand, "Scott, call Lydia".