Mother...

-Twelve Years Ago-

"Y/N! I don't care if you're hungry, this is mine!" A woman with H/C shouted, shoving a small Y/N away from her. He fell to the ground, and held his stomach. "But mom... I-" He started, but cut himself off when she glared at him. She went back to eating, grumbling to herself. Y/N limped away, and went to the couch he slept on. He curled into a little ball, and closed his eyes. He had trouble falling asleep, since his stomach kept growling. 

After about an hour of laying there, M/N approached Y/N and shook his shoulder. "Y/N? Sweetie?" She asked. He turned his back on her, facing the couch. "Y-Y/N... I know. I know what I did was unforgivable, b-but please... I-I made some food for you..." She begged, shaking him again. "I know you get scared when mommy drinks her adult drinks, but I-I'm fine now!" Y/N remained as he was, and didn't speak. "P-Please, forgive me..." She sobbed, leaning on his shoulder, her tears staining his shirt. Y/N turned to face his mother, and nodded. She gave him a shaky smile, then held him close. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." She whispered, kissing his cheek. 

Y/N sat up from his couch, and rubbed his eyes. The memories of the previous night rushed back into his mind, but he pushed them right back out. 'Maybe... she really did change.' He thought to himself, walking to her room. He hesitated, then knocked on the door. When he got no response, he got worried. Usually, his mother would wake up, and get cranky with him for waking her up. 

Pushing the door open, he peeked inside. There was large lump on the bed, and Y/N assumed M/N was still asleep. He tiptoed over to her bed, and tugged on the cover. "Mom?" He asked, pulling again. This time her arm fell off the side of the bed, and hung there limply. "M-M/N?" Y/N asked again, tugging harder on the cover. Y/N was horrified by what he saw when the cover fell off the bed. A knife stood tall in M/N's throat, and blood leaked out, staining her place of death. Her hand still gripped the handle, and her eyes were closed. After the initial shock of her suicide wore off, Y/N inspected his mother. 'I think this is the first time I've ever... seen her so at peace...' Y/N thought.

He noticed a piece of paper on her nightstand, and picked it up.

My Dearest Son,

I'm sorry. I failed as a mother. I failed you. I took out my anger on you, and you never deserved it. I don't expect for you to forgive me, but please... promise me you'll live a good life. Promise me you'll start a family, and have beautiful children. 

I blamed you for your father's death... I know there was nothing you could do, you're only six... I was so unforgivably nasty to you, and I know you'll probably never forgive me for it, but please...

All I want is for you to be happy... so, I'm leaving you. I don't deserve you. You're such a sweet boy, you deserve a mother much better than me.

Please promise me you'll do this, so I can look down at you from Heaven, and smile.

M/N

-Thirty Minutes Later-

Y/N laid the last rock, and took a step back. He looked down at the grave he made for M/N, and prayed. "Mom... I-"

-Present- 

Y/N's eyes snapped open, and he sat upright, breathing heavily. He wiped the cold sweat from his brow, and sighed. He looked out of his window, and saw the girls doing various exercises at the word of Daidouji. He got off of his bed, and got dressed in his Hanzo uniform. He walked outside, and watched them train from afar. Katsuragi spotted him in the corner of her eye, and called out. "Hey! Why are you just sitting around? Come here and train!" 

Much to her surprise, Y/N listened, and stepped in line with them. She smiled slightly, then turned back to Daidouji. "Nice of you to join twenty minutes late, Y/N." Daidouji said sternly, putting her hands on her hips. Y/N bowed as an apology, and Daidouji raised her brow, but continued the training. 

-Two Hours Later-

Y/n chugged a bottle of water, and turned to Asuka when she approached. "Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but you seemed really cooperative today. Did... something happen?" She asked, sitting next to him. He glanced at her, then finished his water. "That's one way to phrase it..." He muttered. Asuka frowned, but smiled again. "Also, you're really good at cutting trees! I couldn't believe my eyes when you cut like, twenty trees with one swing!" She complimented. Y/N smiled slightly, but only for a second. "Yeah, I guess so." He replied, taking out his katana. He looked into his own eyes on the reflective blade, and watched his iris twitch.

(A/N - The katana can look however you want it to.)