Her Trust

Yagyuu watched Hibari train from afar, and sighed. Hibari wasn't so much of a... martial arts master, to say the least. Yagyuu glanced from Hibari to Y/N, who was training about twenty feet away from her. Ikaruga approached him, and the greeting she got seemed friendly, which surprised Yagyuu, but only slightly. Yagyuu isn't one to trust people so easily, especially around Hibari. She watched the two for a bit, wondering what they were talking about. 'Well, maybe he's not that bad...' She thought to herself, standing up to walk over to the two. Just then, Yagyuu heard a thud, and a whimper. Her head snapped to Hibari's location, and saw that Hibari had tripped over herself, and scraped her knee. Yagyuu vaulted over the railing of the stairway in front of her, and started running to Hibari. 

Once she was a few feet away, she noticed that Ikaruga and Y/N had gotten there first, which made sense considering they were closer. "Now, now, Hibari-Chan. It's just a scrape." Ikaruga soothed, inspecting the wound. "Is Hibari okay?!" Yagyuu exclaimed as she ran to Hibari's side. "Yagyuu-Chan! I'm okay, it just burns a little." Hibari assured her friend, but Yagyuu still looked worried. She turned to the sound of footsteps, as did Ikaruga, to see Y/N walking away. Yagyuu grumbled, and turned back to Hibari. 'That insensitive jerk! He doesn't even care!' She thought to herself. Ikaruga put her hand on Yagyuu's shoulder, seemingly knowing what she was thinking. "Calm down. I'm sure he just doesn't know what to do." Ikaruga tried to assure her junior. Yagyuu just shook her head. "Assumptions are never a good thing. Let's just get her treated. We don't want the scrape to get infected." Yagyuu replied, then stood up to go back to the academy, and grab the first aid kit. 

To say Yagyuu was surprised when Y/N intercepted her at the door with about twenty different kinds of medication in arms would be an understatement. He walked past her carefully, then dumped everything in a pile in front of Ikaruga. "Just... tell me if any of this stuff is useful." He told her. "Um... why did you bring the entire medicine cabinet?" Ikaruga asked, sweatdropping. "Well... I have no experience with this kind of stuff. And I kinda just assumed you do, 'cause, y'know..." He stammered, looking away. Ikaruga pat him on the arm, and started digging through the supplies. Yagyuu raised a brow, then walked over to stand next to Y/N. "I'm surprised. I thought you were just trying to walk away from the situation." She told Y/N bluntly. He looked at her, and shrugged. "Even I can care about people, you know." He replied, then nudged her arm. "But hey... I like your honesty." He told her, catching her off guard. Her face flushed, and she looked away from him. "T-T-Thanks, I guess..." She stuttered.

-A Few Days Later-

Y/N, Yagyuu, and Asuka watched Hibari train from the same spot Yagyuu had been in a few days before, and conversed quietly. Asuka made a joke in Y/N's expense, and he responded passive-aggressively, which made her burst into laughter. Yagyuu smiled as she watched Y/N eventually join in, and she looked back out to the training grounds, and felt the breeze flow through her hair. She glanced at Y/N, seeing the face that usually had a unfriendly glare now had a care-free smile, which spread across his lips as he laughed. She blushed a bit, and went back to watching Hibari, but glanced at Y/N every few seconds.