Conflict

Y/N sighed heavily, and slammed his head on the desk he was sitting at. "Why do we even need to learn this garbage?!" He groaned. "Y/N-San, architectural design is important knowledge for Shinobi to learn." Ikaruga told him, placing her hand on his shoulder, and giving it a gentle shake. "Yeah, I know..." He muttered, lifting his head. "Look on the bright side Y/N-Chan! Our vacation is in two days, and it lasts two weeks!" Hibari reminded him, pointing at the calendar on the wall. There were just a few days left until Winter Break, and the entirety of the Hanzo Elite were getting impatient.

Asuka walked into the room at the mention of the vacation, but frowned a little when she saw Y/N. Averting her gaze from him, she turned to Katsuragi, who was sitting on one of the bean bags. "Hey, you really need to get your homework done, Katsu-Nee. If you don't-" Katsuragi cut her off with a sigh. "I know, I know... I won't be able to go on the vacation. I only have three pages left, chill out." Katsuragi said, stretching herself across the bean bag. Asuka huffed, then turned back to Y/N, who looked... concerned.

He stood up from his desk, and grabbed Asuka by the shoulder, pulling her into another room. Closing the door behind him, he turned to Asuka, who was frowning once again. "Hey, what's going on with you?" Y/N asked. Asuka looked up at him, her eyes screaming that she wanted to tell him something. She shook her head, and stepped away from. "It's... nothing. Just that... someone said something to me that really hurt." She replied. 

Y/N raised a brow. "Come on, you can't get hung up on insults. Whatever they said, they're just trying to get under your skin." He told her. "I know, it's just... what she said made me really..." Asuka cut herself off, and shook her head."It's not important. We should go back, I can help you with your homework." She offered, but Y/N stopped her by grabbing her wrist. "Wha-" She gasped, turning back to Y/N. "Come on, spill it." He demanded. Asuka looked away from him, and clenched her fists.

Y/N was taken aback when he felt her shake, and put his hand on her shoulder to turn her to face him. Tears were rolling down her cheeks, and her eyes were glossed over. "S-S-She said I-I didn't deserve t-to be Grandpa's granddaughter!" She sobbed, wiping her eyes. Y/N was curious who had said this. "Who said that?" He asked, and Asuka seemed hesitant at first, but confessed. "I-It was Homura-Chan." 

Homura. That girl Asuka talked about so often. Seeing Asuka come back to the academy bruised and covered with cuts always worried him, and now that he knew the name of the culprit, he would enjoy beating her senseless. 'Is that really the reason I want to meet this Homura girl, though? Or am I just looking for an excuse to beat someone up?' Y/N wondered.

Coming back to reality, he realized that Asuka was still crying, so he tried his best to comfort her. "Well... tell you what, if we ever cross paths with her, I'll beat her till she can't walk." Y/N offered, making Asuka look up at him in shock, and... fear? "N-No, that's not neccessary..." She sniffed, composing herself. "What? But she said something so awful! Don't you want to get back at her?" Y/N asked, making her sigh. "Not every action deserves revenge, Y/N. I told you it's not important." She told him, but he crossed his arms. "I guess not. It only made you cry your eyes out." He muttered.

"What happens between her and I is our business. Not everyone likes having their problems solved for them, you know." Asuka replied. "Well... that's a good point, but still..." He trailed off. "There's something else, isn't there?" He asked as  she started to walk away, thinking the conversation was over. She stopped in her tracks, and sighed, her shoulders sagging. "So you noticed too, huh?" Asuka asked in return, her voice bitter. "Huh? No... what's wrong?" Y/N asked. "I'm terrible at being a Shinobi. I barely passed my entrance test, and I can't even defeat one elite Shinobi for good. I let my guard down the first time I met her... and she almost killed me." She explained.