Making Progress

Y/N sighed, leaning his chin on the palm of his hand as Asuka bandaged his arm. "You can't be so reckless! You could've gotten a wound much worse than this!" She scolded, puffing her cheeks. "Why do you care?" Y/N asked coldly, snatching his arm away from her. Asuka grumbled, and grabbed his arm again, holding it firmly with both hands. "Because I do! I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't!" She told him, continuing her task. Y/N just huffed, and looked out into the forest, remembering what happened twenty minutes before.

-Twenty Minutes Ago-

Y/N walked silently through the forest, watching the wildlife scamper away at the sight of him. He dragged his hand across the bark of a tree, then brushed the dust off of his hand. He heard a mixture of voices from his right, and decided to investigate. Just as he was about to push through a bush, he heard a scream, and it sounded too familiar for Y/N's liking. Bursting through the bushes, he found a girl with long blonde hair standing over Ikaruga, her great sword raised over her head. Without thinking, Y/N rushed in to intercept, the blade catching his arm. He grunted in pain, and Ikaruga looked up at him in shock.

The blonde girl backpedaled a few paces, and raised her sword again. "Who are you?" She shouted. "None of your business, bitch!" Y/N shouted back, nursing his arm. The girl was visibly shocked by his insult, her face turning red in rage. "How dare you!" She screamed, spinning on her heel to throw a horizontal slash. Y/N ducked under it, then tackled her to the ground, and stomped on her wrist to keep her down. The girl cried out in pain, but glared up at Y/N. "I don't know who you are to this woman, but she needs to be dealt with! Release me!" The girl shouted, punching his leg. "Who is this?" Y/N asked, ignoring the girl's strikes. "H-Her name is Yomi. She's with Hebijo." Ikaruga answered, using Hien to stand. "Hm? Hebijo, huh?" He muttered, turning back to Yomi.

"What's your beef with..." He trailed off, thinking of what to call the ravenette. "...My friend, here?" He asked. Yomi smirked despite the pain in her wrist. "She is the daughter of a family that is too rich for its own good. All people like that must be killed, don't you agree?" She asked. Y/N cocked an eyebrow, surprised at the revelation, but not by much. "No, I like rich people." He replied, shrugging his shoulders. The girl muttered something under her breath, while Ikaruga came to Y/N's side. "We'll gain nothing from harming her. Let's leave." She told him. Y/N nodded, and removed his foot from Yomi's wrist. When the two were a good distance away, Yomi tried to pick up her sword, but hissed in pain, holding her wrist. Seeing that the two were almost out of sight, she shouted, "What have the rich ever done for you?!" Y/N stopped in his tracks, and turned around. Yomi flinched. Y/N was very far away from her, but she still felt the sharp sting of his gaze. Y/N opened his mouth, but Ikaruga put her hand on his shoulder, and shook her head. He glanced at her, then turned back around, leaving Yomi in the clearing by herself.

-Present-

Asuka pinned up the bandage on Y/N's arm, then turned to the sound of approaching footsteps. Ikaruga walked up to the two, rubbing her arm. Asuka noticed she was looking at Y/N, and nudged his good arm. He looked up at Ikaruga, and cocked an eyebrow. "Can I help you with something?" He asked. "I-Uh, yes..." Ikaruga stuttered, then cleared her throat. "Um, d-do you mind?" She asked, gesturing to his hand. He shook his head, unsure of what she meant. "I... really must thank you, for helping me back there." She told him, grabbing his hand with both of hers. He tensed up, but allowed her to touch him. "If you're hurt badly again, please come to me!" She asked him. "Uh... sure. I will." He replied. Ikaruga smiled, and stood up, waving at the two as she left. Y/N looked at his hand, and flexed his fingers, recalling the feeling of her hands on his. Asuka watched him, then smiled, turning to look at the sunset.

-Later-

Y/N stepped out of the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel. Ikaruga came into the hallway a few seconds later, and stopped when she walked a few paces past Y/N. "Hey... did you mean what you said back there?" She asked quietly. "About rich people? Yeah, why?" He asked. Ikaruga blushed, grinning as she walked away. "No reason..."