⇢ ch. 2

"Ah, what should I wear?!" You ask your friend as you look through your closet.

"That dress is pretty," she grabs it from your closet.

You take it from her and hold it up against you as you look in the mirror.

You ponder for a moment, with your friend looking on.

"Let me look more."

You look at each article of clothing you own, and decide with the dress your friend originally picked out. You decide to wear some brown flats that pair well with the dress.

You put some light makeup on, as you don't want to look over the top. Your friend braids your hair, and once you're done getting ready, you give yourself one last look in the mirror.

"You look great! Have a fun time!" She winks at you and sends you off on your way.

You find your way onto a bus that will take you close to the restaurant that San told you to meet him at.

You become increasingly nervous as you get closer and closer. When you're almost to your destination, you get a message from San.

San: I'm waiting outside the restaurant for you princess :)

You: I'm almost there!

You smile, excited for this...date. You're not quite sure if you should consider this a date. But whatever it is, you're happy nonetheless.

When you get off the bus, you look around and make your way in the direction of the restaurant.

You noticed San's black and maroon hair, as it stands out amongst the crowd. He's looking in the opposite direction, leaning against the brick wall of the restaurant. His sunglasses are perched on the end of his nose, and he's holding a bouquet of wildflowers. His other hand is in his pocket.

You think he looks extremely chic in his jeans and button down. You are in awe that you met such a cool and handsome man.

He looks in your direction, immediately smiling. His dimples appear, making you blush and look down briefly before making eye contact with him.

"Hey!" San greets you before offering the flowers to you.

"Are these for me?!"

"Of course!" San continues to smile.

"Thank you," you say shyly.

"You look really pretty...like every time I see you, you get even prettier. You look older...like more mature," San complements you.

You don't know how to reply other than give him a smile. You feel a light blush on your cheeks as well.

San holds the door open for you, allowing you to step in first. You take in the interior, admiring how beautiful it is. It reminds you of some café you would find in Europe.

You are taken to a table near the window, allowing you to see the street and the people walking outside.

The two of you sit down and flip through the menu. The atmosphere felt a bit awkward between the two of you, or at least that's what you thought.

You look through the menu, not looking up, so you wouldn't have to talk with San. Not that all of this is bad, but it's more or less that you don't know him very well, so it's not a comfortable silence.