⇢ ch. 6

Over the course of the next couple of months, you and San hang out more and more, deciding to keep a platonic relationship, where you can be touchy with each other since you know nothing can come out of this.

The two of you know there will be an end, but you decide to focus on creating happy memories with each other so you can remember them in the future.

You and San go on dates, and you continuously visit him at work. The café becomes home base for where you do your homework. You visit during the times when San is working. He joins you after his shifts are done, and you stop doing your work then to talk with him.

He pops by your university to surprise you once in awhile, and many students believe the two of you are dating.

Little do they know, you are only friends. But you find it exhilarating to make people believe you and San are a couple. In the end, no one really needs to know the truth, especially with the inevitable hanging over you.

The day before your last date with San, you meet up with him.

"I have one last date planned for us."

"You always have something planned for me, us, silly," you giggle.

"True, but this is extra special," he smiles, his dimples popping out, making your heart melt as per usual.

You blush, looking down momentarily.

"Make sure to wear the nicest clothes you own. I'm taking you to a fancy restaurant.

"You don't have to do this for me San.

"I insist [Y/N]. For me."

You sigh and agree.

The next day, San picks you up at your dorm with a bouquet of your favorite flowers. He's dressed in dress pants, a white shirt, glasses, and has his hair slicked back. You retreat to your room to put them there before the two of you head off to take the train to your destination.

The ride takes a couple of hours, but you're happy to be going on an adventure.

You stare out the window, and also sneak glances at him.

As you think about how attractive San is, you smile to yourself. You think about how he's always so attractive, but today he looks extra attractive.

Once you get to your destination, which happens to be Busan, San takes you to the nice restaurant, where he opens the door and helps you with your seat.

He tells you to order whatever you want, and when you look at the prices, you slightly gasp at how expensive everything is.

The two of you have a nice meal together, enjoying your time spent with each other. You try to savor every moment you have together, as this is one of your last moments with him.

It hurts knowing that you're probably never going to see San ever again.

Once you're done, the two of you enjoy the nightlife Busan offers, where San has you try different streets foods and buys you some trinkets to remember your time in Seoul as well as him.

You enjoy taking silly photos together as well as trying on hats, and chasing each other around stores and the city.

At the end of the night, you end up walking along a beach, watching the waves lap against the edge of the beach. You end up stopping to stare into the ocean, seeing the moon spill onto the darkness.

San grabs your hand, and the two of you lace your fingers. You hate that this won't last. But you stay in the moment, reminding yourself that you'll remember this moment forever.

You keep walking, ending up walking to the end of a pier. San comes behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and placing his head on your shoulder. You smile, wishing you could take San back home with you, or that you could stay with him forever in Korea.

It's always this case, like in the movies, where you end up finding your soulmate only to have to go back to reality of your everyday, mundane life.

San ends up coming in front of you, looking at you in the eyes.

"Thank you," he whispers. "Thank you for making these past couple of months the best months of my life. I will treasure these memories forever."

Your heart aches. His heart aches.

He decides that this is the right moment to lean down and kiss you. The kiss is soft, pure. He wraps one arm around your waist and places his other hand on your face. You wrap your arms around his neck, smiling into the kiss.

When you break apart, you say, "I'm so incredibly thankful that I met you. Thank you for being one of my first friends. Thank you for making these past couple of months so memorable."

The two of you walk hand in hand back to the train station, your heart swelling in happiness.

On the train ride home, you become sleepy and rest your head on his shoulder. San is happy at the fact that you are doing this. He also wishes he could actually date you, as you make him happy. He wishes he could continue to go on dates with you, but he knows this isn't forever.

San walks you back to your dorm, kissing you softly before heading back to his dorm.