⇢ ch. 3

Over the course of the next week, you message San and visit him when he's at work. The two of you are quite happy to see each other in person.

San always has your order ready for you by the time you show up, and you just pay. He always gives you a discount, as you are his favorite customer.

Every time you see him, your heart swells with happiness, as he has quickly become your crush.

You know that leaving is inevitable, but you don't think about it. You decide that living in the moment is best, and that you can't escape your feelings.

San has grown fond of you as well, as he has quickly formed a crush on you as well.

Neither of you make any moves, as it feels too early to do so, and also the inevitable hangs over both of your heads. Both of you find that being friends is the best bet, as you don't want to be hurt over you leaving in a couple months.

You discover new things about San everyday, and he discovers your little quirks and pieces of who you are each day as well.

You discover that he's a few months younger than you, but a year behind you in college.

On the Friday after your date with San, you go out with your friends to explore the city more. You decide to go to a hip part of the city where many young people go called Hongdae.

The lights light up your faces and the surroundings.

You enjoy trying the various street foods, enjoying poking around in the stores as well. You end up buying some souvenirs and knick knacks.

While you're looking around in a store, you back up, accidentally bumping into someone. When you turn around, both of you bow and apologize to one another. When you are both stand up straight, you find yourself face to face with San.

You want to hug him, but you don't know him well enough to greet him like that. But culture differences stop you as well, where in America a standard greeting could be hugs, but in Korea it would be weird to do so.

You find yourself staring into his eyes, not saying anything, so you snap out of it and greet him.

"How are you?" You ask.

"I'm great!" He gives you a huge smile.

He doesn't tell you the rest that's on his mind. He wanted to say that he's great because he ran into you. He wants to hug you, touch you, reach out his hand and run his hand down your arm and hold onto your hand.

San's heart flutters at the pure sight of you, as he wasn't expecting to run into you. He also finds you to look really attractive as always. You're dressed up, as you wanted to go out in something different than what you normally wear.

The thought crosses his mind that he finds you to be sexy, as you're wearing makeup that makes you look older and you have your hair in a hairstyle making you look more beautiful. Your outfit is simple yet elegant, making you look like a model.

You give him a smile back, asking what he's doing out.

"I'm shopping with my friends," he replies.

"Me too!"

You converse more on what you've bought as well as what San was looking at. He holds up the shirt he had picked out, and you tell him that you like it.

"I guess I'll buy it then. I was questioning if I should buy it," a light blush creeps up to his cheeks.

"Hey, [Y/N]! There you are," one of your friends comes up to you. "Are you done?"

"Yeah," you turn back to San. "I'll see you around."

You wave goodbye, and as you leave, you hear someone say, "Is that the girl you've been texting lately? You smile every time you text her."

"Shut up!" You hear San's voice.

You smile, heart fluttering that your messages make San happy. His messages make your heart swell, as you're always so happy to get messages from him.

You turn around to see San and his friends pushing each other around as well as hitting each other's arms, San flustered.

You think about how you want to hang out with him more, that being around him is fun.

When you get home, you message him, saying how you want to go out with him again.

You: hey, it was lovely seeing you tonight! Are you free sometime soon? I would love to explore the city more with you :)

San: are you free tomorrow? I'd love to take you to some special places ;)

You: yes that works! What time works and where should I meet you?

San: does 7 work? And I'll come to your dorm to get you ;)

You: yes, that works.

You tell him your dorm information and the two of you finish making your plan. San tells you that he has some places in mind and that he wants to surprise you, making you excited for tomorrow night.

You become extremely giddy, smiling and dancing around a little bit.

The following day drags on, as you can't wait to go out with San at night. You try to get some homework done, but it becomes difficult as your mind travels to the thought of San.

You eventually get your work done, thankful that the day is etching along to the time to get ready and for when your date with San is.

When it hits 6pm, you start to get ready. You put on a cute outfit and put some makeup on. You give yourself a once over before looking at the time. You find yourself to have some time left before San arrives.

You end up getting a text soon after you're finished, saying that he has arrived. You tell him that you'll be right down.

You feel so nervous to see him, but you know you'll have a great time with him.

When you exit the building, you find San leaning against the wall. When he looks up, his face lights up.

"Hey beautiful."