⇢ ch. 9

San: [Y/N] noona, I've seen your posts on your social media, and I know you're visiting Korea. I know this message is out of the blue, random, weird, and possibly a little creepy, but I want to say that I would love to meet up with you at least once. That's if you're not leaving anytime soon. I miss you. But don't feel pressured to do so if you don't want to. I understand if you don't want to meet.

You stare in shock at your phone, rereading San's message over again.

[Y/N]: San-ah~ It's good to hear from you. I would love to meet up with you! I've missed you as well. It would be great to catch up.

You and San make a plan to meet at the café the two of you first met at the next day.

You progressively become nervous as time ticks closer to your meet up with San.

You dress presentable, as you haven't seen San in so long. You tell yourself that San wouldn't care what you're wearing because he's told you before that you're beautiful when wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

But you want to look nice for the first meeting with San in 2 years.

When you are heading to the café, your palms become sweaty and your heart beats faster as you near the café.

When you're near the café, you see San through the window. Your heart is beating so fast because of your nerves. When you enter, San's head snaps up and immediately gets up. You give him a smile, and he breaks into a huge smile. You melt at the sight of him because of how adorable his smile is.

You've always admired his dimples and how his eyes disappear when he smiles. Your heart melts as you think about how these features of his are two indications of what made you fall hard for him.

The two of you greet each other before sitting. You start to feel a little at ease because you find San to be an absolute ray of sunshine.

"I got you your usual," San pushes the drink and pastry in your direction.

"That's so thoughtful...I can't believe you remember my order."

"How could I forget?" He chuckles.

You sip your drink and eat your pastry, as you still feel a bit awkward. You don't really know what to say to him as it's been so long.

You are happy that you have the food as a way to distract from your nervousness, that it's a way to make you focus on something else. It takes part of your attention, and helps with not making eye contact avoidance awkward.

"How have you been?" San breaks the ice, as the two of you have been quiet for a couple of minutes.

"Well...I graduated college and have been looking for a job. I haven't been able to find one so I decided to take this impromptu trip here to Korea. I thought it would be a good way to clear my head."

You progressively find yourself becoming more comfortable with San, like it was just yesterday you were amidst your semester abroad.

"Ah, I see, I see," San replies.

"What have you been up to?"

"Well, you see, I stopped working here. I graduated college too. I found a new job," San breaks eye contact and rubs the back of his neck.

"Ah, what do you do?" You inquire.

"I'm in music now, as it always has been my passion," San blushes.

The two of you start discussing his work and life in general, easing into conversation. It feels so natural to be conversing with him.

You end up spending about 2 hours catching up, and by the end, you're laughing at jokes San is cracking.

"I missed this..." you say when there's a lull in the conversation.

"Me too," San gives you a wide smile.

"It's crazy that it's been a couple of years since we last saw each other. It feels like yesterday I was studying abroad. Time flies by," you murmur.

San nods before quietly saying, "I wish you could stay forever. I wished you could stay forever. Today made me realize how much I truly love having you in my life and that I don't want to loose you again."

"Did you really lose me if I came back after all this time?"