⇢ ch. 8

As you head to Korea, you think about how you hope that this trip will help clear your head, allowing for the universe to point you in the right direction.

Once you make it inside the airport, you post on your social media that you've made it to Korea.

What you don't know is that San looked at your post only to gasp in surprise that you're back. His heart skips a beat thinking about his old friend is back in his home country. He contemplates whether he should reach out to you or not.

He decides to not make any rash decisions and to see what happens. He thinks about how you could be visiting with someone, and that you could have an actual boyfriend at this point.

He things about how you could be paying a visit for a couple of days. He doesn't know your intentions of being in Korea, and he doesn't intrude.

He thinks about the endless possibilities of why you could be in Korea.

He sighs in sadness at those thoughts. His heart drops thinking about the endless possibilities of your life since you've been separated. He decides to put his thoughts to rest and focuses, or attempts to, focus on his own life.

You drop your things off at your hotel and head out into the city life, trying to beat jetlag a little bit. You don't think that it's too late, so you try to enjoy yourself a little on the first night.

As you're wandering the streets, you enjoy the vibe of the nightlife. Memories come rushing back, making you reminisce the time you were studying abroad. You get a pang of sadness and happiness all at once, hitting you right in the feels.

You're mostly happy, as your memories were happy. You think about how you had such an amazing time the first time around a couple years ago.

You smile, remembering the good old times. But you can't help but reminisce the moments you had with San because you created such happy moments with him. He was an intricate part of your stay in Korea when you were studying abroad, and you can't help but have him in mind the whole time you're out.

You unknowingly pass by San at one point, where San gives you a double take.

By the time it hits him that he most likely passed by you, you were too far away to not look awkward. He wasn't 100% sure if that was you anyway, so he shakes his head and minds his own business.

You post pictures on your social media again, as you want to showcase the beauty of Seoul.

San checks his social media to see that you posted pictures from the same part of the city that he is in. This confirms that he did pass by you, but doesn't want to go chasing after you.

He finds that the fact that you're back makes everything even more real; that it's possible for the two of you to work out. All of his feelings for you come rushing back, making him feel uneasy.

But San doesn't make any rash decisions and decides to sleep on his feelings.

As your time progresses while in Korea, you become freer. You are happy, feeling like you're floating on a cloud. Your visit to Korea feels like a dream, like it's unreal that you're back.

However, you feel lonely and wish you had the courage to reach out to San. But you don't want to intrude on his life, as you were unsure if he remembered you or not.

These thoughts continued to eat at you a little bit, but it wasn't overpowering, as you knew you would be heading home eventually.

However, you end up going to places to where the two of you went on dates to. You even went to the café the two of you first met at. You were hesitant because you were unsure if you would run into San.

Quite frankly, you were scared and nervous thinking about going because you didn't know what you would do if you saw him.

Luckily, you didn't see him when you went. You were relieved, but also a little saddened that you didn't see him. You were hoping that you would run into him sometime on this trip.

But you told yourself that if it wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't meant to be.

When it hit your last week of staying in Korea, you get a message from San. You are in disbelief that he reached out to you.

You wonder if the universe was calling you back to Korea for a reason, and that reason being Choi San.