Chap 1: awaken

Jimin was sitting in his car, waiting impatiently for something to happen. He's been staking out Jungkook's home for the past four days, not seeing a single thing during that time. Jungkook was wanted for murder, he killed his boss in some sort of psychotic rage. No one really knows why he did it, his boss from what they found out was clean. Although they did find some unusual bank transactions on her bank statements. She was receiving a significant amount of money from an off sure account along with transferring large amounts to a cribbed account. She clearly was up to something illegal, which the police hadn't figured out quite yet what it was. They were to focused on catching Jungkook.

So here Jimin sat, in his car which was now riddled with litter, old food wrappers laying on the floor. Dashboard covered in scrambled up drawings he did when he was bored. Time passed painfully slowly, continuously counting down the seconds until the time changed. That was until he hears over the radio from a fellow officer on the other side of the house radio in.

"I see movement in the back of the house. I think Jungkook is attempting to enter. I'll go round the back." A deep voice booms into the radio, clearly excited to finally see some action.

Jimin looks to the house, getting ready to make a move. He then hears the sound of glass breaking, instinctively he gets out the car, drawing his gun. He places one hand on his radio, pressing the button to speak into it.

"I heard the sound of glass breaking, I'm going to go check it out." Jimin carefully makes his way to the house, being extremely cautious.

He takes a step on the stairs, cursing under his breath when it creeks. He continues up the stairs, stopping once he reaches the door, leaning in to listen if he can hear anyone inside. His fingers trace the doorknob, he turns it, opening the door to reveal an empty hallway. Walking in with his gun raised, he carefully scans the room. His ears perk up when he hears the sound of light footsteps coming from the living room. Quietly he walks in that direction, clicking the safety off his gun. He sees in the darkness of the night a tall figure standing by what appeared to be some sort of safe.

"Jeon Jungkook? I am officer Park Jimin, I have a warrant for your arrest." Jimin speaks in an authoritative tone, holding his gun firmly.

The figure doesn't move, doesn't give any notice to Jimin. The figure simply continues with what they are doing, grabbing out what they can from the safe. This only angers Jimin, he's spent the last week sitting like a duck waiting for this moment and he wasn't he been given a second thought.

"I suggest you stop what you're doing and turn around." Jimin snaps, stepping closer to him. He presses the button for his radio. "I have the suspect, we are in the living room." He hears the other officer respond immediately, telling him he's coming from round back. Jimin returns he attention back to the figure.

"You have the right to remain silent-." The figure spins around, surprising Jimin when he charges at him, forcing him to the floor, his gun slipping from his hand.

Jimin looks up at him in disbelief, glancing over his features. He could now clearly see it was Jungkook, his eyes staring down at him nervously. He quickly jumps off Jimin, dashing for the door. Jimin snaps from his thoughts, chasing after him.

"He's escaped, I'm going after him." Jimin speaks into the radio as he runs out to the streets, seeing Jungkook sprinting down the road.

Jimin follows after him, scolding himself for letting him get away so easily. He gets into his car, turning the engine on. He drives off, chasing after Jungkook who is now far ahead. He obviously is fit, having been able to sprint off so fast. Jimin drives faster, seeing Jungkook nip down a side alley. He takes a sharp turn, skidding across the road causing his tires to smoke slightly. Jungkook was almost at the end of the alleyway way, taking a left onto a Main Street. Jimin presses down on the accelerator, his car engine revving. Without looking he takes the turn onto the busy street, not noticing the large truck driving towards him. Before he knew what hit him, he hears the sound of a horn blaring before the piercing sound of metal scrapping together when the truck makes contact with his car. He's spun around, car flipping as it's forced down the road. The air bags come out, his face slamming against it. A wave of pain hits him, his vision going white as he continues to tumble. The last thing he remembers is the sound of people screaming, sirens in the distance as he looses consciousness.

Jimin wakes up, skin feeling sticky. He rubs his eyes trying to adjust to the bright light enveloping the room. Once his eyes have focused he looks around the room, realising he was in a hospital room. His arm was connected to an IV drip, only being dressed in a loose gown.

"Hello? Nurse..doctor!" Jimin's voice comes out horse, not having spoken in god knows how long.

He glances around the room again, noticing some flowers on the side that were now withered and old. He wonders how long they've been there, the petals having died awhile ago. He decides to get up, realising no one was going to come check on him. He pulls out the IV, wincing as some blood oozes out. He walks towards the window, looking out into the city.

"What the-." Jimin sees various dead bodies laying on the ground, what looked like an army base not far from the hospital entrance.

He then takes a better look at the city, noticing some of the buildings were destroyed, falling apart. He frowns, not understanding what is happening. He turns to the door, making his way over. He turns the handle, finding that the door won't budge. He pushes against it with all his strength, groaning as the door slowly opens. Jimin had become weak from laying in bed for however long he did. He walks out, finding that a bed was blocking his way from getting out. Shaking his head, he looks around. Seeing the hallway was a mess, equipment thrown everywhere. Beds broken, laying on the floor. He saw some blood smeared over the walls, yet no sign of anyone.

"Hello is anyone there?" Jimin's voice echoes through the empty hallway.

He hears a sound in the distance, beginning to make his way towards it. His gown didn't cover much, the slit in the back making his skin prickle when the cold air hut him. He makes it to the end of the hallway, having two ways to go. The sound grows louder to the right, indicating to him to go that way.

"Hello." Jimin feels as though he's turning into a record that is being played on repeat.

He then sees a pair of legs peeking out from a room to the left. The sound becomes more distinguishable, it clearly being a growl or wine from someone.

"My names Jimin, do you happen to know what's going on." He walks closer to the pair of legs, hearing the rattling of wheels against the floor.

His breathing stops when he sees what was making that noise. Laying on the bed near the door was what was left of a person top half of their body. Their bottom jaw was missing, face missing bits of skin. Their guts were spilled out onto the bed and floor where their bottom half laid. Jimin could now see that their right leg was detached from the knee. Left leg missing a chunk from its calf.

"Fuck!" Jimin lurches over, making puking noises as nothing comes out due to not having eaten.

The person on the bed was still somehow moving, arms reaching out for Jimin. They were causing the bed to move slightly back and forth from the motion. A disgusting sound was resonating from what was left of their throat. Their eyes were emotionless, completely dead inside. Jimin looks up at it, stumbling back as they reach out for him, causing them to fall off the bed. Jimin trips over, paralysed when they begin to crawl towards him. It was slow, their arms in tatters, bone protruding out from the left forearm.

"Holy Shit! W-What are you?" Jimin moves away, his back hitting the opposite wall.

They don't answer, simply continue to crawl towards him, making that revolting sound. Jimin whimpers when they attempt to grab his feet, he kicks at them. Jimin scrambles to his feet, walking backwards away from them. He turns around running away from the monster behind him, he had no idea what was happening . But all he knew was he wasn't safe here, he needed to escape this place, find his family, find out what has happened to the world.

.......
Hello my lovelies💕 honestly been wanting to write a apocalyptic book for ages. Hope you angels 👼🏽 enjoyed it. Let me know what you think?? Love you 😘 and thank you for reading xx