Chap 2: alive

Jimin continues to run down the hallway, cautiously looking between the rooms he passes. He arrives at the end of a hallway, glancing to the left to see a large door with an exit sign above it. He heads towards it, noticing bloody hand prints smeared on the walls and the door itself. The sound of metal banging together rings through his ears, he glances over to the right, seeing a door chained together. The door looked like it was trying to be opened, once again the disturbing sound of moans could be heard on the other side. Jimin's body shivers when he sees several hands creep through the crack in the door, clawing at the metal. Blood covered the door, painting the once white walls red. The door starts to be forced open harder, whatever was on the other side desperate to come out. Jimin quickly makes his way to the exit door, not wanting to wait around to find out what's on the other side of that door.

Pushing the door open, he's greeted by the piercing white light of the sun. He squints his eyes, not having seen daylight in a long time. Once his eyes adjust to the harsh light he sees everything. Laid across the ground, decaying dead bodies, some covered in blood soaked blankets. He looks to see what looked like dead army soldiers surrounding the outskirts of the hospital. There was broke glass from the crashed cars around him, stray bullet casings littering the ground. Jimin begins to walk, being careful not to go near the rotting bodies. He wasn't sure where he was going but the only place he wanted to be was his home. He was hoping his family was still there, his little brother, boyfriend, parents. He prayed that they were still alive, waiting for him.

The walk was exhausting, he had nothing to protect his feet from the harsh ground. It was eerily quiet, no sounds of car engines revving, people talking or any sound of human life. The only think that welcomed him was the smell of death, the colour red painting everything in sight. His feet ached from having been walking for hours, he could feel them beginning to bleed. He needed clothes, shoes to protect him, make him feel like himself again. He kept moving, hearing the fate sound of the haunting groaning noise. Once he was home, he knew he'd be safe, hopefully just wake up and this all be a dream. His eyes widen in relief when he sees his house, he begins to move faster.

"Thank god." Jimin pushes the gate open, carefully making his way up the steps to his front door.

Jimin freezes in his spot, when he hears the sound of a gun clicking.

"Don't fucking move." A stern voice is heard from inside the house, Jimin glances to see a gun being pointed at him from the window.

"What do you want?" The voice sounded like a man, his tone threatening.

"I-I...live here." Jimin stutters out, suddenly feeling very small.

"What do you mean you fucking live here? We've been here for months, and I've never seen you around." The man snarls out, force growing harder.

Jimin doesn't know what to say, he has know idea what he is talking about. Then a disgusting moan is heard from behind him, Jimin snaps his head to see what looked like his elderly neighbour Edward Jones but the only difference was his clothes were in tatters, chunk of his shoulder was missing along with the side of his cheek. Jimin looks at him in shock, unconsciously moving further up the steps.

"Mr. Jones? A-are you okay?" Jimin sputters out, hands up in defence.

Jimin doesn't get a response, merely a growl in reply. He begins to limp his way closer to him, attempting to push through the gate.

"Mr Jones, it's me Jimin. Park Jimin. Your neighbour remember. I helped you with your flower garden last spring." Jimin stumbles back, tripping on the top step which causes him to fall on his ass.

Edward continues to growl, hands reaching out for him. Blood oozes out of his mouth, thick and black in colour. Jimin gags at the sight, covering his mouth in disgust. He makes it through the gate, his left ankle dragging across the floor as he limps his way towards Jimin.

"Mr Jones! D-do you need help? I don't know what's wrong." Jimin crawls further away from him, struggling to function from shock.

He then hears someone curse under their breath, he then hears the door swing open. The click of a gun is heard then the piercing sound of it firing. Jimin sees Edward get shot in the shoulder, his body jolting back slightly from the force. Jimin's eyes widen, seeing him continue to walk forwards as if nothing happened. Then another shot is fired, hitting him directly in the head. He falls backwards, going limp as he collapses to the floor.

"What are you doing? That's my neighbour!" Jimin screams, seeing him dead on the floor.

"That wasn't your neighbour anymore buddy, just another one of those fucking monsters." Jimin glances up to see a tall man with broad shoulders reloading the shot gun in his hand.

Jimin blinks a few times, trying to comprehend what he was just told.

"What the fuck was that Jin! You just wasted precious bullets on one god damn biter. Now everyone of those fuckers would've heard that gun shot." A shorter man comes out from the house, a sniper in his hand.

"Calm down Yoongi, we'll just stay in doors until they pass. Plus, this idiot here would've been killed if I didn't intervene." Jin points at Jimin, holding his hand out to help him up.

Jimin takes it, being lifted off the ground. He glances between the two strangers, still in shock from seeing his elderly neighbour being killed in front of him.

"Are you seriously some kind of idiot or something? Do you have a death wish! What the fuck was that just then? You were talking to it like it was a fucking person." Yoongi tilts his head at him, rest the gun over his shoulder.

"What do you mean? That was Mr Jones, he's my elderly neighbour. Why did you kill him? And why are you living in my house?" Jimin looks at them confused, both of them share the exact same expression.

"You seriously don't know what's going on? Why we had to kill that thing." Jin points at the dead body on the ground, eyebrow raised.

"I've been in the hospital. I just woke up today." Both the men's jaws drop, eyes wide in shock.

"Well shit!" Yoongi drops the gun from his shoulders into his hands, looking at him in disbelief.

......
Love y'all💕 thank you for reading xx honestly am loving for this book! Hope you angels liked it x