Chap 8: call me

Yoongi took the lead, carefully opening the door which lead to the darken hallway. He looks left to right, checking to make sure none of those creatures were lurking.

"Okay, lets go." He pushes the door all the way, ushering everyone through quickly.

Jimin kept his footsteps quiet, his nerves on edge-terrified that something might jump out and pounce on him. He kept a strong grip on his gun, it became a permanent fixture. He began wondering how they lived without guns. Was the world that safe back then that they didn't need to constantly holster a gun to their sides.

His mind started to think about that voice, the man in the radio. He recognised it, could've sworn he's heard it somewhere before. Who was he? Why did he know him?

"Shit." Jimin snaps from his daze, Yoongi had stopped at a chained up door.

"What? What is it?" Jin hushed his voice, none of them wanting to make a sound incase it lured one of them in.

"It's fucking locked." Yoongi pulls on the door, the clanging of the heavy metal rings.

He tried yanking at the chains, using his strength in hopes he could break it off. Though it was ultimately useless, the chains stayed put locked around the door.

"What do we do?" Jimin felt a sudden wave of panic, they couldn't go back, it only lead to those things.

Yoongi sighed in aggression, running his fingers through his hair. He debated on what they would do, they didn't have many options. He glances around, trying to catch any glorious light leading them to safety but sadly there was none.

"I don't know." Yoongi scrunched his face, taking out the radio he took from the room they were in.

"Hey dickhead? The doors fucking locked." Yoongi almost growls into it, pressing down on the button to speak.

The cracking sound of radio status rung before a smug voice echoed.

"Then find another one, it's not rocket science mate. I didn't realise I had to walk you through it." The cocky voice of the mystery man resonates from the radio, causing a frown to appear on Yoongi's lips.

"Now listen here mate! There is no other fucking door that doesn't lead to those corpses. You want us to die?" Yoongi growls into the radio, trying again to yank the door open.

"If I wanted you to die I wouldn't have offered to help you. Okay, listen can you find something to open it? I don't know maybe a pole." Yoongi almost scoffs at the suggestion, like he hadn't thought of that.

"I'm not an idiot-." A sudden lurking noise of the undead snarls, the pitter patter of slumping feet to terrifyingly follow.

They all snapped their heads up, turning silent as their ears listened out for the predators ready to attack. It was coming from down the hall, the sound of clanging doors were soon to follow. They were clawing, scratching and banging their way in.

Yoongi curses, thinking quick on his feet as he was well aware time was not on their hands.

"Fuck it!" Yoongi twists around, pulling out his gun he fired.

The bullet sliced through the air, cracking the steal lock which held the chains together. The echoing sound of the gun blared, if those things didn't know they were there they surely did now.

"Let's move." Yoongi kicked the door open, gun in one hand radio in the other.

"Thanks for the help fucker." Yoongi spoke into the radio as they began running, hearing the tortoise sound of gnawing following.