Chap 9: reacquainted

Jimin and Jungkook stared at each other in a stale mate, neither speaking nor moving from their locked trance. Both couldn't believe their eyes, like a ghost from their past resin from the dead and is now haunting them.

"Do you two know each other?" Yoongi cocked his brow, darting between the two statues.

Both refuse to speak, continuing to stare lost in a trance they can't escape from.  Jimin kept blinking his eyes, not believing what he was seeing as the truth. It couldn't be real, he couldn't be here. It wasn't possible, life didn't work this way. He couldn't be here, not here not now. The last time he saw him he was running away, in the distance just out of reach. Watching from the sidelines as the truck came, crashing into him, sending him tumbling down the busy road. He was there, saw the crash that had almost killed him and he did nothing.

"I thought you died?" Jungkook finally spoke, darting his eyes all over Jimin's body.

"I thought you were in prison." Jimin snaps back, vividly remembering he was the reason he's been in a coma for the past twelve months.

Jungkook laughs at that, holstering his gun to his waist while he crossed his arms. The four men look at the two of them, Tae's mouth forms a line. He didn't like this mysterious man, he acted to cocky and he didn't like it.

"Didn't you hear? The worlds ended, there are no prisons anymore." Jungkook smiles smugly, staring Jimin right in the eye.

Jimin clicks his jaw, a sudden vile hatred for the man reared it's ugly head. It was his fault he got hit by that truck. It was his fault he almost died. It was his fault. Before Jimin completely understood what he was doing he's lunging forward, jumping on the man.

"Fuck you!" Jimin growls, forcing Jungkook to the ground in a heavy grunt.

Jungkook winces when his back collided with the hard ground, his head banging against the stone like gravel. Jimin's on top of him in one swift move, bringing his fist up to crash down on the side of his cheek. His knuckles ache at the brute action, cracking when they meet with the hardness of Jungkook's cheekbone. A mutt of blood splatters out from Jungkook's lips, giving a light chuckle before he regains his composure. Just when Jimin goes for another he's gripped viscously by the neck, being thrown harshly to the ground on his back. He's not given a chance to breath before Jungkook's swinging his own brutal blow. His hard knuckles brace impact against his cheek, splitting it open from the brute strength he forced into his punch. Jimin's head snaps to the side in a gruesome crunch, blood splattering over the dark rocks beside him. The impending danger of the undead coming for them no longer seemed relevant in this moment. Act of vengeance appeared much more appealing to Jimin.

"Stop! Stop it!" Tae comes sprinting to free the two, Yoongi and Namjoon following behind.

Jungkook's pulled off of him, being pushed back forcefully by Yoongi and Namjoon combined while Tae focused his attention to Jimin who laid on the floor coughing up clumps of blood.

"Jimin? Jimin are you okay?" Tae looks him over, helping to his feet.

"What the fuck is going on! We don't have time for this. If you two haven't forgotten we're in a god damn apocalypse and we need to get out of here before those assholes come eat our fucking faces off." Yoongi yells like a father scolding his children, not in the mood to deal with their cat fight.

Jimin and Jungkook huff loudly, Jimin wipes his mouth as Jungkook spits blood on the ground. Both breathing heavy, chest raising and falling fast. Jungkook throughout this all still held that irritating smirk on those plush lips of his.

"It's nothing really, just old friends being reacquainted again." Is what Jungkook remarks, brushing Yoongi and Namjoon's hands off him.

Jimin doesn't explain further, only recovering himself from the rush of adrenaline that pumped its way through his veins. Both of them stared at each other, Jimin couldn't deny he felt a lot better after punching him. It almost felt like things were even, he'd got his own back though it was small compared. It still settled his conscience and made him feel better.

"Jimin. Do you know this man?" Yoongi turns to him, staring at him expectingly.

"He's a murderer." Jimin bluntly stated, dusting himself off.

"You're a fucking lier! I murdered no one! I was set up." Jungkook defends himself, he never touched the man, never killed his boss back when the world still was for the living.

Jimin scoffs, rolling his eyes as he struggled to believe a thing he said. Yoongi blinked his eyes, taking the new information but unsure what to do with it. He looks between the two, sighing before he speaks.

"It doesn't matter what he did before, not anymore. Murderer or not he saved us, that's all I care about. If he killed someone back then who cares. We've all killed, we're all murderers now. What fucking difference does it make?" Yoongi left his opinion to resonate in the air, cracking his head back to the building when he hears the growling of the undead coming for them.

"We've got to move, let's go." With that Yoongi was off, storming in the direction that lead away from the creatures lurking.

Jin quickly follows behind, Namjoon giving one hard glance to Jungkook before doing the same. Tae stayed, waiting for Jimin who kept a firm eye on Jungkook.

"It's not my fault Jimin, I didn't kill him. I'm not a killer, you must see that." Jungkook's eyes turned into mush, gentle in nature.

"All I see is the asshole who almost got me killed. Stay the fuck away from me and we'll get along just fine." Jimin snarls at him, flicking on his heels storming away.

Jungkook blinks at the unexpected reaction, darting to Tae in hopes he had something to decent to say but he only gives a pointed stare before running away chasing after Jimin. Jungkook stood there for a moment at a loss. He'd thought somehow Jimin would've got over the whole accident but clearly he was wrong. It had been a year, a whole year of nothing but carnage and mayhem. He would've thought something that happened in a past life would've been irrelevant now. No time for grudges or resentment, not in a world like this but Jimin still found a way to hold one.

To him Jungkook had taken his life, took a year from him because he choose to run from the scene and force him to chase after him which resulted in him being hit by a truck and put in a coma for a year. All Jimin thought in that moment was if Jungkook hadn't run he'd be with his family. With the people he loved not miles from home having no idea where anyone he knows or loves is. Jungkook took that away from him, took away his chance to protect his family when death came. He could've been there for them, looking after them but instead he was in a hospital bed abandoned and alone. It might've seemed petty, pointless to hate a man who did nothing but run away when he was threatened. He wasn't the man who drove the truck, he wasn't the one driving recklessly that was him. But still he couldn't stop the anger boiling up inside when he was faced with the man who had caused everything.

He would hate him till the day he died, which he supposed wouldn't be long the way the world now was. He'd hate Jungkook for the rest of his life, hate the man who destroyed his life.

.......
Love you my honeybuns