Chap 5: learn

Jimin sat in the car while Jin tired working the petrol pump in a station they found. Yoongi went inside the store to see if he could find any food or supplies. The door hung open, jimin's legs hanging out the side as he looks out into the deserted road. They had been driving for a few hours now, Jin was getting tired and decided to swap with Yoongi. So they pulled into this old petrol station, using it as a toilet stop and chance to stretch their legs.

"Jimin do you want to go cheek on Yoongi, he's been a while in there. I've almost got this working, might be able to scavenge some petrol." Jimin nods to Jin who was still fiddling with the gas pump.

Jimin walks into the store, seeing it almost completely stripped of any type of food or anything worth taking. It was rather dark inside, only light coming from the broken windows and open door.

"Yoongi? Yoongi it's time to go." Jimin looks around the store, trying to see if he can find him.

As he moves around, he noticed a pack of cigarettes behind the counter. He hasn't smoked in years, stopped when he realised he actually cared about his lungs. But what did it matter now, cancer was the last thing he had to worry about now. He leans over the counter, attempting to reach for it. But fails to notice one of those things were crouched in the floor eating some mouse that they found. As Jimin is about to grab it, the thing jumps up, attacking him. Jimin's pulled to the ground, it jumps on top of him. Jimin tries pushing it back, hands pressing against its chest as it attempts to bite him.

"Aghhh!" Jimin fights with it, struggling to hold it back.

It leans down, jaw moving up and down, teeth clanging together. Black liquid oozes from its mouth, the smell revolting. Jimin was unable to reach for his gun, using all his strength to keep the thing from biting him.

"Ahh! Fuck!" His arms were growing weak, muscles aching as he was taking its entire weight.

"Yoongi! Yoongi!" Jimin screams for him, not knowing how much looking he could hold the thing back.

He starts to look around him, seeing if there was anything he could use to kill it. But he found nothing, not a single thing worth using. His arms sink a little, the creatures face nearing his neck. Jimin tried pushing it up again, but it barely moving. As it's about to latch his teeth into him the sound of a bullet flying rings in his ears. Blood splatters onto his face, the creatures body collapsing onto him.

"Jimin? Jimin are you bitten?" Jimin cocks his head back, seeing Yoongi standing there with his gun still raised high.

"N-no! No I wasn't." Jimin shakes his head, attempting to push the body off him.

Yoongi lowers his gun, sighing in relief he didn't have to kill the first survivor they've found in months. He walks over to him, helping Jimin up off the floor.

"You need to be more careful Jimin. That was only one of them, and you couldn't even defend yourself. What would happen if you stumbled across a herd of them, you'd be dead. You need to learn to fight, use your surroundings to your advantage." Jimin keels over, hands still shaking from shock.

"Look Jimin, I know this is a lot to take in but I'm not always going to be around to protect you. You need to learn to fight on your own." Yoongi rubs his back, Jimin gags a little, nausea kicking in.

"I-I know..." He chocked out between hurls, eyes catching the rotting body that almost killed him.

"Come on, I've taken all I can from this place. Got a few bottles of water and shitty stale bags of chips." Yoongi pats his shoulder, Jimin stands up, wiping his mouth.

"How do you do it?" Yoongi tilts his head, confused by his question.

"Do what?" Yoongi stares at him.

"Just kill like that, like it was nothing. Even though it tried to bite me, I don't even know if I could've even killed it." Jimin glances down at the body, it laying lifeless on the ground.

"They aren't alive Jimin. They don't feel pain, don't have emotions, they can't even speak. All they are are just lifeless creatures hell bent on eating anything with a pulse. The sooner you learn that the easier it is to kill them." Yoongi walks over the body, reaching for the pack of cigarettes Jimin was going for.

"Here, I'm assuming this was what you risked your life for to get." He hands them to him, Jimin smiles as thanks.

"Just remember Jimin, if your get attacked again and you don't have bullets or a weapon. Use what you have around you. See there?" Yoongi points to a metal spike sticking out of the wall where Jimin had laid on the ground.

"You could've used that, smashed the things head into to kill its brain. Always aim for the brain okay? It's the only way to ensure that they don't get back up. Only way to kill em." Yoongi holds his shoulders, staring at him intently to make sure he understood.

"Aim for the brain, got it." Jimin nods his head, Yoongi smiles.

"Sweet, now lets go before we find anymore of those fuckers." Yoongi wraps his arm around his shoulder as they head towards the door.

They find Jin pouring some gas into a red bottle, he glances up at them.

"What took you so long?" Jin continues to pour the gas in.

"We meet a little friend inside we had to deal with, but don't worry we're fine." Yoongi hits Jimin's chest playfully as the walk towards him.

"Did you find anything worth while in there?" Jin asked as he finished collecting al the petrol he could.

"Few bottles of water and some shitty bags of chips. Got some trail mix though, seems that no one wanted to steal that. So I've got a whole bags worth." Yoongi smiles as he pulls out a large plastic bag filled with trail mix.

Jin nods his head, smiling happily at the thought that they now had some decent food.

"Cool. Everyone get in the car, I don't like sitting out in the open for to long. Always seems to attract bad attention." They both nod, Jimin hops in the back while Yoongi takes the drivers seat, Jin sitting beside him.

Yoongi starts the car, reversing out of the old petrol station. Jimin takes one last look at the store, seeing a figure stumbling out of the door. It's arm was missing, chunk of its cheek gone. It's eyes linger on them, starting to wobble it's way towards them. Jimin sighs in relief when the car starts moving, leaving the creature fading into the distance. He didn't know if he was ready to see another one of them get killed or have to be the one to kill it. Seeing one was enough for today.

.....
Sorry it's so slow, promise some Jikook will happen soon. Love you and thank you for reading xxxxx